Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention. The Company's range of production-enabling technologies include evaluation services, directional drilling services, controlled pressure drilling (CPD®) systems, cased hole completion systems, expandable technologies, intelligent completion technologies, production optimization systems and all major forms of artificial lift.
Weatherford is seeking to recruit for the below position of:
Location: Port Harcourt
Ref Code: 38029
- The Engineered Chemistry business in Nigeria is currently in growth mode. The Sales and Applications Manager will be expected to bond immediately with our partner Librod and use this flourishing relationship to create and close opportunities across the Engineered Chemistry portfolio of products.
- The successful candidate will be supported by the GBU, Regional and In-Country personnel. These objectives will be achieved by establishing, strong client / partner relationships, deploying the established in country support services and directing regional & GBU resources, to achieve business objectives.
- Accelerate the uptake of Production Chemicals and SandAid in Nigeria, developing a responsive and well-resourced product service line (PSL), which achieves the aggressive revenue and FOP targets.
- Develop and execute a strategy designed to aggressively grow Engineered Chemistry and Drilling Fluids Services in Nigeria. This should be conducted in full alignment with the Country organization and our In Country Partner.
- Develop excellent working relationships with existing and target customers, to identify revenue opportunities and lead the process to close those opportunities. Liaise with Region and GBU technology groups and Sub Contracting entities, in order to exceed customer expectations.
- Develop excellent working relationships with other PSL & BD teams, creating an atmosphere that encourages sharing of resources, learning and ideas.
- Ensure that requirements to grow the business are communicated to Country Management, Regional BU Manager, GBU & any appropriate 3rdParty teams and be responsible for the delivery of new product and services required to ensure continued revenue growth.
- Take the lead in resolving technical issues.
- Work closely with the Technical Manager in Country to understand roles and responsibilities and optimize this relationship in order to maximize the potential from opportunities created.
- Assist operations teams in creating and implementing competency standards and operational procedures in order to ensure field service excellence.
- Support Nigerian Personnel in all personnel training, career path & development matters.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Graduate in physical/life sciences (BSc) or engineering (BEng) or equivalent gained as part of a professional progress plan.
Skills and experience required:
- 5 Years' experience working with Production Chemicals Service Company or an oil & gas producer providing production chemistry support.
- Evidence of understanding the Production Chemical and related services market in Angola.
- Evidence of understanding the role of chemistry in well and fluid behavior.
- Familiar with sand control technologies & matrix stimulation techniques.
- Experience of managing customer interfaces.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with standard software used to support Production Chemistry modelling software.
- Full competency (spoken & written) in English and Portuguese.
- Must demonstrate familiarity with sub surface, subsea and surface production systems.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of how production chemicals impact produced fluid behavior and production system efficiency
- Must demonstrate understanding of well design and impact on well behavior
- Must demonstrate basic understanding of O&G process systems.
- Must have demonstrated Supervisory and Communication Skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment, to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve problems.
- Must have demonstrated an ability to effectively utilize dedicated resources, and the ability to plan, control, and take responsibility for own work.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should click here to apply online.
Note: When the page opens, select "Nigeria" from the location drop-down box, then click "Search"