We are a Civil Engineering Construction Company established in 1958. We are currently looking at diversifying into Retail store business.
The intention is to create a retail chain of neighborhood grocery stores/convenience store across West Africa starting with Nigeria. The store will offer a range of everyday food and household products including over the counter fresh meat, bread and pastry, fresh fruit and vegetables, chilled and frozen packages. Products will be sourced from domestic producers and suppliers wherever possible or from reputable suppliers of branded goods.
To help achieve the above, we are looking for an innovative, vibrant and energetic Chief Operations Officer who can help start up and drive this business to fusion.
• To implement the strategic goals and objectives of the company in consultation with the chairman
• To give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the company's philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives
• To promote revenue and profitability growth of the company
• To oversee company operations to guarantee efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
• The COO will plan and direct all phases of the supermarket operations efficiently to achieve maximum sales and profitability.
• Develop a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives.
• Oversee company operations to ensure operational efficiency, quality, and cost-effective management of resources.
• Plan, develop, and implement strategies for achieving revenue and profitability growth of the company.
• Develop, approve and enforce company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
• Oversee concept design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs and projects
• Effectively manage the human resources of the company according to authorized personnel policies and procedures
• Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
• Evaluate performance of executives for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
• Represent the company at government sessions, committee meetings, and at formal functions.
• Promote the company to local, regional, national, and international constituencies.
• Build a industry network using personal contacts, direct mail, and special events
• Direct company planning and policy-making committees.
• Oversee subsidiary operations to include evaluating operating and financial performance.
• Planning, strategizing, accounting the regional sales and profits.
• Reviewing and evaluating monthly Profit and Loss Reports and preparing all the other required reports and submitting it to higher officials.
• Developing marketing and promotional plans to boost the sales and profit levels of the store.
• Execute merchandising programs, and ensure safety and security standards are upheld.
• Take charge of product management like ordering, receiving, price changes, handling damaged products, and returns.
• Discussing with the area manager about regional promotional policies and plan,
• Reviewing reports from the regional sales outlets/stores
• Provides training to assistant managers concerning opening and closing procedures.
• Ensuring efficient management in the store of the various operation of the store for employees, customers, and suppliers by daily interacting with them and also encouraging suggestions from them.
• Ensuring maintenance of the brand image of the store by establishment of financial goals and regular inspection the store.
• Ensuring the right kind of inventory is put on display for the convenience of customers to enable pick up their choice of product.
• Weeding out expiry-dated goods also take all possible measures to ensure quality of the products or sales.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience in strategic planning and execution
• Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures
• Demonstrated experience with creating and executing strategic planning for a large organization.
• Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
• Knowledge of communication and public relation principles and practices
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations
• Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources
• Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
• At least ten years of experience in a leadership role for a large division or company.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel
Qualifications and Experience:
• 1st degree in any Social sciences or Humanities Course
• An MBA or MSC in Supply Chain Management would be an added advantage
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience Retail store experience out of which 7 years must be at a managerial level.
Candidates who meet the requirements above should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title as subject of the email