Our client, BlackHouse Media Group; one of Nigeria’s leading brand solutions provider, is currently seeking to employ a Corporate Affairs Executive to manage its corporate communications plans and objectives.
JOB CODE: F31614/J0210314
JOB TYPE: Full time; Permanent.
LOCATION: Lagos; Nigeria
REPORTING TO: Head, Corporate Communications/Strategy.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the execution of internal and external communications to facilitate stakeholder engagement, implementation of corporate communications annual plan and programmes and the management of corporate branding, publications and company sponsored events.
• Research communication needs/manage divisional relationships through communications.
• Execute company’s annual communication plans and objectives
• Facilitate the branding of the BHM Group offices while ensuring that the costs are within budget stipulated timelines
• Organize press briefings and ensure that they are well branded and covered.
• Manage group newsletters and website.
• Monitor media coverage
• Prepare speeches, press releases and media presentations for BHMG staff as requested during special functions and occasions
• Advice on suitable CSR initiatives and managing the activities
• Assist in design and production of the corporate newsletter
• Monitor various award programmes and ensure that awards entries are correctly done
• Develop social media strategies, managing content, branding and responses on social media
• Crafting features and opinion pieces to be pitched to the media
• Identifying possible story angles through constant engagement with department heads and briefing the PR agency
• Facilitate good media coverage of the BHMG by developing and maintaining good media relations through lobbying and strategic engagement.
• Guide the PR Agency in developing BHMG documentaries through footage selection, scripts editing and organizing internal reviews
• Ensure the timely roll out of campaigns
• Comply with established corporate communications policies.
RELEVANT SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• IT savvy with effective communication presentation/writing skills.
• Computer Skills (MS Office)
• Graphics software knowledge skills.
• Interpersonal skills
• Editing skills
• Exceptional communication skills
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar function in media or a multi-product establishment
• Experience in a Corporate environment is a mandatory Requirement
• Degree in Public Relations, communications, marketing or other related courses.
• Diploma in Journalism
• Certificate in Graphics and design
• A masters degree in a related discipline is an advantage
Interested candidates should send their CV with a cover letter to email@example.com on or before Monday March 31, 2014. Please quote the job code as the title of the mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.