Microsft Nigeria - If you have unique experiences, skills and passions-and we believe you can bring them all to Microsoft for a rich, rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go, and the difference you can make with the resources of Microsoft behind you.
Microsoft Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job ID: 871015-137591
Location: Lagos, NG
Job Category: Sales
The SMS&P Lead drives the adoption and execution of the SMS&P strategy in the subsidiary to achieve the revenue/profit, Win, Drive, Growth and People targets committed to in the SMS&P Scorecard. The SMS&P Lead is responsible for overseeing planning, orchestration, and execution of highly effective subsidiary sales and marketing strategies (including customer campaigns), collaborating with colleagues within SMS&P, and with broader stakeholders in the subsidiary including Business Groups, BMO and EPG. As Microsoft solutions for the small and midmarket businesses are delivered through partners, a big part of the strategies and engagements are partner related. The role reports to the country manager and is part of the subsidiary leadership team.
The mission of the Small and Midmarket Solutions and Partners group (SMS&P) is to (1) deliver valued solutions to Enterprise, Small and Midmarket Businesses, driving revenue, share and loyalty for Microsoft and our Partners; and (2) grow highly competitive Partner Ecosystems globally. In addition to customer and partner strategies built around two key business models (Corporate accounts and Small and Medium Business), SMS&P drives the overall engagement and programmatic approach for our Partner community, and leads cross subsidiary initiatives based on additional strategic goals or market opportunities such as Anti-Piracy and Dynamics. The SMS&P Lead drives the adoption and execution of the SMS&P strategy in the subsidiary to achieve the revenue/profit, Win, Drive, Growth and People targets committed to in the SMS&P Scorecard. The SMS&P Lead is responsible for overseeing planning, orchestration, and execution of highly effective subsidiary sales and marketing strategies (including customer campaigns), collaborating with colleagues within SMS&P, and with broader stakeholders in the subsidiary including Business Groups, BMO and EPG. As Microsoft solutions for the small and midmarket businesses are delivered through partners, a big part of the strategies and engagements are partner related. The role reports to the country manager and is part of the subsidiary leadership team. Through the ability to motivate and lead the SMS&P organization, and to create an environment conducive to sustainable success. The role manages to the following principles: customer and partner focus, accountability, high standards and constructive collaboration.
- The SMS&P Lead role demands that this leader be able to balance a complex organization and set of responsibilities as he/she owns the all up revenue and profitability for the SMS&P business in the subsidiary, and drives the cross-group alignment with other Microsoft organizations.
- Drive Market Share: Ignite proactive market share focus to drive unit growth across solutions, platforms, workloads, products. Address emerging (e.g. Search) & traditional models.
- Drive partner ecosystem to win customers.
- Drive customer and partner satisfaction by deeply understanding the key drivers and executing targeted action plans across all segments and partner. Drive cross-company leadership for unmanaged CPE.
- Grow revenue across Corporate & SMB&D; leverage partner ecosystem to drive revenue by channel; leverage to subsidiary areas including partner ecosystem development, Anti-Piracy, and Dynamics.
- Management Excellence: Manage a team to be high performing and highly motivated by ensuring the growth and development of the members individually and collectively in order to achieve superior business results.
- Build the next generation of Microsoft leaders by attracting, retaining, and growing people; successfully land and manage the new SMS&P Blueprint, build talent and grow diversity.
- Own the business strategy, approaches, value chain and execution model through which MS drives sales and marketing through partners.
- Develop and execute subsidiary strategy based on corporate strategic direction, customizing it to meet local needs.
- Develop and execute SMS&P Subsidiary strategy.
- Monitor Sales performance.
- Identify market opportunities.
- Manage resource allocation.
- Manage the local SMS&P response to market issues
- Organize and execute Sales and Marketing activities centered around the Corporate Accounts and SMB business goals. In alignment with partner group strategy.
- Short, medium term sales strategy definition.
- Lead and drive the overall SMS&P team to meet or exceed all relevant goals as measured in the SMS&P scorecard revenue growth targets for subsidiary.
- Evaluate the success of sales plans and opportunities in meeting or exceeding forecasted revenue
- Manage Rhythm of the Business
- Ownership of customer and partner experience and satisfaction against a strong value proposition, creating a streamlined Microsoft engagement
- Manage all aspects of hiring, developing, coaching/mentoring, appraising, rewarding and holding direct reports and entire organization accountable for assigned job responsibilities and results.
- Align team goals with SMS&P and business goals to maximize performance and motivation
- Team diversity and retention
- Drive people management and coaching excellence and improved WHI
- Development of people to ensure a strong bench to fill key roles and meet future growth requirements
- 10-12 years’ experience in direct or broad scale marketing with proven results
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Extensive understanding of how MS partners market/sell to small and medium business customers
- Demonstrated experience devising marketing program strategies to meet the needs of partners and customers
- Passion for driving results
- Exceptional people-management skills
- Strong ability to influence others
- Demonstrated cross group collaboration abilities
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.