Jobs at UNICEF
UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of experienced consultants who will support the Finance section in conducting a micro assessment of all implementing partners in order to identify the risk rating for each partner.
UNICEF: A smoke -free environment, is commited to gender equality in its mandate and its stafWell qualified candidates particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted within two weeks from close of advertisement.
Locations: Bauchi, Enugu and Lagos
Contract Type: Short Service Appointment (SSA)
Duration: 4 months
Vacancy NO: VN-NGR-13-2010
Tasks to be accomplished:
The consultant will utilize "UN Financial Management Questionnaire" which relates to the framework for cash transfers to implementing partners. In completing the questionnaire, she/he should also evaluate the partner's system "with equal emphasis on:
1)The effectiveness of the system in providing the partper's management with useful and timely information tbr the proper management of tile partner
2) The general euectiveness orthe internal control system in protecting the assets and resources of the partner.
The consultant will also carry out the following assignment:
• Provide an overall risk rating (H -high risk: S -significant risk: M -moderate risk: L - low risk) of the Implementing Partner's financial management capacity
•Evaluate and provide risk ratings for funds flow, staffing, accounting policies and procedures, internal audit, external audit, reporting and monitoring and information systems.
• Give a description of the Implementing Partner including the physical address, phone numbers, tax numbers, web sites and general e-mail addresscs.
•May also be required to provide a description of the standards applied such as In temational Accounting Standards (IAS) published by the International Accounting Standards Board or the draft international Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) on Cash Accounting published by the Public Sector Committee (PSC) of the International Federation of Accountants.
• Give a description of any specific intemal control weaknesses noted in financial management
• Prepare a detailed report on the Hnal ratings in consultation with the releviull managers: a summary of the financial management assessment should be included.
Minimum qualifications and competences
• University degree in accounting. MBA or a professional accounting qualification is desirable. At least 7 years progessively responsible experience in financial management
•Demonstrated ability to work in an efficient and timely manner with minimal supervision and under pressure.
• Knowledge of UNICEF financial files and regulations and United Nations Development Group (UNDO) rules as it relates to HACT
• Independence and impartiality
•Strong communication skills
•Analysing and conceptual thinking.
•Strong interpersonal skills
•Experience of the UN system and of multilateral agencies is an asset.
• Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF's mission and professional values.
Method of Application
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please forward your application in a sealed envelope marked 'confidential' quoting the: vacancy number addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, UNICEF,UN House, Plot 617/618, Central Area District, P.M.B 2851, Garki Abuja by close of business 26 October, 2010. Your application should include your curriculum vitae with your current detailed contact information to include a telephone number & email address and a one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualification relate to the job description above.