Jobs At The US Embassy In Nigeria
Posted on: 27 January, 2014
Deadline: 5 February, 2014
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at US Embassy
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Office of the United States Chief of Mission (COM) is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Assistant Cook for the COM Residence.
Employee reports to the Head Chef and serves as the Assistant Cook at the COM Residence.
- Prepare meals for the COM and guests; propose and execute menus for official functions as directed and assist, as necessary, in serving food. Employee will keep records of menus for official functions, and regularly add new recipes to the Official Residence files.
- Make purchases of all necessary ingredients, such as vegetables and meats at the local market and prepare a list for purchases of items available at the Commissary outlet at the Embassy in Abuja. In addition, the employee will maintain organized records of expenses for official functions.
- Clean the kitchen precincts and pantry and maintain all kitchen appliances, equipment, dishes, pots and pans spotless clean and keep the kitchen in good order at all times.
- Place food and drink orders for all events.
- Serve drinks and hors d’oeuvres at receptions.
- Assist the housekeeper when one of them is absent.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Chef.
- Completion of Secondary School and vocational training in catering or as a chef.
- Experience in the hospitality industry as a caterer, cook, chef or sous chef is required.
- Knowledge of food preparation in local and continental cuisine is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading of English is required.
To be determined based on qualifications
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Click here for full job description.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about US EmbassySimilar Jobs
- Consultant at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Latest Recuitment at The Federal Fire Service
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Edo State Civil Service Commission (PART 4)
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Edo State Civil Service Commission (PART 3)
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Edo State Civil Service Commission (PART 2)
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Edo State Civil Service Commission (PART 1)
- Graduate Community Liaison Officer at the British High Commission (BHC)
- Latest Recruitment at The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority ("NSIA")