TAG Lines Nigeria Limited Is Hiring
Posted on: 27 January, 2014
Deadline: 24 February, 2014
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
TAG Lines Nigeria Limited is a wholly indigenous company incorporated to deliver best-in-class services to clients operating in the Nigerian oil and gas industry. We work in close collaboration with local and foreign technical partners to ensure our clients gain greater capacity, lower operational costs, extend asset life cycle while improving safety and environmental conditions.
- Apply the principles of accounting within an assigned area of accounting or group or accounts.
- Maintain records of routine accounting transactions.
- Compile financial information, processes journal entries into various accounts, and reconcile reports and financial data.
- Preparation of financial and operating reports including trial balances, adjustments and closing entries.
- Analyse and interprets accounting records for use by management.
- Supports accounting operations by filing documents; reconciling statements; running software programs.
- Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Raise and post sales invoices, cash receipts, cash payment vouchers, payroll, etc.
- Update and maintain transactions and accounting and financial data such as sales records, accounts payables/receivables, purchases, etc.
- Prepare and ensure all invoices are recorded.
- Follow up with client payments, ensuring they are made on time.
- Manage, track and maintain the petty cash imprest and ensure that reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis.
- Prepare cheques for payment.
- Carry out all bank related activities including deposits, accounts reconciliation, etc. as required.
- Prepare weekly and monthly budgets.
- Prepare financial reports to monitor and track obligations and expenditures.
- Prepare financial reports for management accounts as needed.
- Ensure that proper and accurate statutory returns are prepared in a timely manner.
- Process monthly payroll for employees.
- Review payroll forms and reports for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections.
- Research, analyse, and resolve payroll-related problems or questions.
- Compile and analyse payroll data, prepare related reports
- Serve as a contact for payroll related issues/inquiries
- Minimum of first degree from a reputable university, higher degree is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook), Networking Applications and web based applications
- Minimum of five years’ experience in similar position
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization and multicultural/international environment.
- ICAN certification a plus
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send CV and Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Senior Financial Controller at Weatherford Nigeria
- Senior Production Technologist at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Urgent Personal Assistant Vacancy at Petrok Oil and Gas
- Job Vacancies in the Oil and Gas Industry - Alvy Consulting
- Latest Recruitment at AOS Orwell
- Latest Vacancies at AOS Orwell
- Head of Operations at Puma Energy
- Contracts Administrator/Tender Analyst at Hobark International Limited (HIL)