Estate Manager at IBM
Posted on: 15 January, 2014
Deadline: 28 January, 2014
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at IBM - International Business Machines
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation, with headquarters in Armonk, New York, United States. IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is the world's largest consulting services organization. IBM GBS provides clients with business transformation and industry expertise, and the ability to translate that expertise into integrated, responsive, innovative business solutions and services that deliver bottom-line business value. IBM GBS provides leading transformation consulting across a range of industries as well as in the following key business function areas: Strategy and Change; Applied Technologies; Application Services; Financial Management; Human Capital Management; Customer Relationship Management; Marketing; Sales & Services; Supply Chain & Procurement, and Business Analytics and Optimization.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job ID: S_D-0628928
Job area: Operations (all other)
Business group: IBM Sales & Distribution
Job category: Project Management
Location: Any city, Nigeria
- Estates Strategy & Planning
- Estates Transaction Management
- Compliance of Estates processes & legal obligations with IBM corporate business control guidelines and instructions.
- Develop real estate plans for key locations (space growth/reduction, opportunities) based on utilization, market rent and demand dynamics.
- Business case development, financial analysis, recommendation of Real Estate investment projects and follow-up on funding requests until final approval.
- Manage the transaction process end to end from setting site search until the conclusion of lease negotiations and signature
- Maintain, update and safeguard all related property portfolio records, metrics, legal agreements, databases and process documentation assuring compliance
- Managing internal interlock to insure corporate compliance on all new and existing lease agreements
- Effective working relationship and other members of the real estate team and user groups.
- Develop external relationship with real-estate brokers, service providers, landlords and property managing agents
- Act as proxy for Middle East & North Africa Estate planning Manager during holiday’s and leaves
- Maintain a full understanding of the space dynamics of the existing portfolio,
- Accurate and timely payment of all real estate costs.
- Manage vacant space disposal programme
- Manage & Track Lease agreement critical event dates.
- Managing internal monthly interlock to insure compliance to the existing lease agreements
- Support regional/global RESO in the integration or disposals of property portfolios associated with IBM mergers and acquisitions.
- Coordinate periodic rent reviews, deal with Landlord and Tenant issues, and bring to close.
- Provide strategic property advice in line with business requirements.
- Develop clear space strategies including individual building utilization.
- Optimizing current assets in the solving new business requirements.
- Document, save and organize all internal approvals and documentation in compliance with corporate guidelines, processes, financial and operations key controls
- Support internal IBM key stakeholders
- Develop external relationship with real-estate brokers and other service providers,
- Monitoring the market availability for opportunities in South and Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Educated to a degree level qualifications: Architecture, Surveying, Estate Management or Finance
- Strong technical background in all aspects of estates management is an advantage,
- Numerate and IT literate, good written and verbal communication skills & presentation skills
- Proven negotiation and business management skills.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and highly flexible
- Willingness to travel within MEA(Middle East Africa)
- Strong Command of English is a must, French as a Second Language is an advantage
- Over 32 different buildings and growing
- Over 46 Different Countries
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in Estates Strategy & Planning
- At least 5 years experience in Estates Transaction Management
- English: Fluent
- Social Sciences
- At least 8 years experience in Estates Strategy & Planning
- At least 8 years experience in Estates Transaction Management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IBM - International Business MachinesSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Riddle Technologies Limited
- Tax Specialist at Tecno Telecom Limited
- PHP Programmer at Vascon Solutions
- Software Developer at CONIAH Systems Support Limited
- Mobile App Developers (Andriod) at Mighty Interactive LTD
- Account Manager (Sales Executive) at Boch Systems Company Limited (BOCH) - 2 Positions
- Enterprise Solutions Sales Manager - Central Africa at Hewlett Packard (HP)
- Graduate IT Officer (NYSC) at Uptitek Infotech Limited