Clean Nigeria Associates Limited/Gte (CNA) is a second tier Not-for-Profit Oil Spill Response Company established by the Nigerian Petroleum Industry. The company requires the services of proactive, honest and self-driven individuals to fill the vacant positions of Base Supervisors. Candidates must have a good knowledge of oil spill response, applicable legislations and managerial skins to effectively administer a functional/operational base.
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Successful candidate shall;
- Report to the Base Superintendent.
- Be able to supervise oil spill response planning and clean-up operations. As such, he must participate in, and report on all oil spill cleanup operations within his area of operations.
- Take full responsibility for the upkeep of the base and operations.
- Carry out general and technical evaluation of personnel in his bases.
- He is responsible for management of equipment handling and maintenance in his base.
- He shall maintain an inventory of all C.N.A assets in his base.
- He shall develop a maintenance schedule of all C.N.A equipment in his base in accordance with the manufacturers' operations manual, ensuring that all equipment are in a constant state of readiness for deployment.
- He shall also provide a monthly report of states of readiness tp the GM CNA.
- He shall ensure prompt repairs are carried out on damaged equipment
- He must Have hands-on knowledge of oil spill response techniques and use of oil spill response equipment in his base.
- Ensure that monthly drills are conducted and documented.
- He shall be responsible for recommending oil spill equipment to be sent to site based on technical evaluation of spill characteristics, environmental conditions and location of spill.
- He shall give a weekly report or as required by the Basesupt, all activities in his base.
- ND / B.Sc. in Science I Engineering,
- MO Level 2 & 3 in oil spill response & management,
- Professional safety qualification with a minimum of 3 years experience in oil spill response.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their detailed CV containing current contact address, e-mail address and telephone numbers, photocopies of all credentials, and marked "NA BASE SUPERVISORS 2013" should be forwarded to:
Clean Nigeria Associates Limited /Gte,
c/o Rooms 1 & 2, Fire Building, Kidney Island,
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited,
Abonnema Wharf Road,
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.