A mission driven international organization and global leader in research, technical assistance, and program implementation across more than 40 countries worldwide in the fields of health, social/environmental policy, and international development seeks qualified candidates to complement our current teams in the expansion of activities focused on improving planning,
financing and delivery of sustainable and replicable pro-poor health services for common health problems in northern Nigeria. The program works towards achieving better public healthcare services across the country by shifting the emphasis from curative to preventive health care, increasing training of staff, introducing new incentive packages to retain doctors and nurses in the poorest areas, enhancing the speed and efficiency in which the flow of drugs are managed across all states, and the overall improvement of government planning and management.
We seek Finance and Administration Manager candidates for the following locations: Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa, Katsina, Niger, Zamfara, and Yobe (1 position per state).
- Manages the administration of the programme at the state level under the direction of the State Team Leader.
- Maintains approved systems of accountability by ensuring compliance with all programme operational procedures and policies.
- Supervises the financial and administrative team.
- Leads the financial management of the state office, including maintenance of imprest account, accounts payable, checking
accounts, travel expenses, consultant and other contracts, and payments for various transactions.
- Develops monthly financial reports and statements, and maintaining all financial records, including reconciling bank accounts/ statements operated at the state level.
- Liaises between the state and national office to ensure that adequate funds are available for the smooth running of the office and the programme's activities at the state level.
- Prepares activity budgets, annual budgets, cash flow and budget monitoring records, in collaboration with relevant technical staff.
- Provides periodic on-the-job training to all administrative and finance officers, as required.
- Conducts frequent audits and checks on procurement, store, vehicle management and other internal systems.
- Ensures that the approved estimates or expenditure on budget items are as much as possible not exceeded, but controlled at all times.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements and other logistics needs for state level staff, consultants and visitors.
- Assists the State Team Leader to ensure the recruitment and availability of the necessary human resources in the state office at all' times.
- Revises personnel and human resource development policies on an on-going basis; and ensures that all state level staff have access to, are knowledgeable of, and follow such policies.
- Manages the routine personnel performance review process, using the regular staff appraisal format.
- Provides staff with relevant opportunities for professional development that are in line with the functions of their jobs.
- Maintains meticulous and up-to-date personnel records of individual staff, including leaves, assessments, salaries, and contracts.
- Ensures that all new staff are adequately inducted and oriented about personnel policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) or a master's degree (desirable), in Accounting, Business Management, or other relevant
- administrative field.
- At least 6 years' experience in financial, administrative, and human resources management, preferably in a health-related project funded by an international NGO, DFID or USAID.
- Good financial management and administration skills; and experienced in designing financial policies and procedures.
- Experience in contracts and grants management in line with organization's personnel policy and Nigerian labor laws.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational, administrative, and coordination capabilities.
- Culturally sensitive and able to work in the diverse socio-economic and complex settings of a given state. Highly experienced in application of a variety of Accounting Software Packages. Excellent communication skills in English and
the local dialect.
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time within and outside of specific state at short notice.
Method of Application
To be considered for any of these positions, applicants are required to submit his/her CV and an application letter via email detailing his/her specific qualifications and relevant skills and experiences. The title and state of the position for which an applicant is applying must be clearly stated in the subject line of the email and sentto: NigeriaHSS@gmail.com
If you wish to apply for the position in more than one state, please submit a separate application for each position. Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.