MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
Reporting Line: GM, Finance Operations
The job holder will be responsible for supervision of the teams that prepare Management Accounts and reports in some of the affiliates, he will be responsible for funds management, general ledger, fixed assets and revenue assurance among other duties.
- Responsible for supervision of the teams that prepare Management Accounts and reports in some of the affiliates, Funds management, general ledger, fixed assets and revenue assurance. Other responsibilities include:
- Strong back-ground in IFRS and its applications with ability to advise on new standards and perform adequate gap analysis between old and new.
- Review of Group reports and ensure they are fully compliant with IFRS along with requisite analysis.
- Ensure Internal Controls are in place to ensure assets of the Organization are well secured and properly maintained.
- Ensure Polices are in place and reviewed; team members are adhering to them to ensure adequate process work flow.
- Work with the team to develop financial goals and objectives and give them the appropriate tools to adhere by them.
- Ensure timely preparation of accurate monthly Management Accounts.
- Job holder will liaise on a day-to-day basis with other the management team, Other groups/departments; Technical, Project Management, Marketing Strategy, Administration etc., on financial issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or any financial courses.
- Possession of an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Possession of ICAN or its equivalent is most.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in Account/ finance roles, with at least five (5) years’ experience in a managerial role.
- Advanced IFRS knowledge
- Technical & Professional proficiency
- Strong Quantitative Skills
- Research & writing skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to details
- Solution-minded Relationship Management
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in AX Dynamics or its equivalent accounts’ software
Demand on the Job:
- Have regular updates on financial management issues and cash management strategies.
- Keep abreast on International Accounting Standards.
- Able and willing to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Able to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Able to communicate effectively in person, in writing and over the telephone with individuals and with a wide variety of organisations and audiences.
go to method of application »
Reporting Line: Pricing & Bid Analyst
- Support for the Tender / Bid submission process, ensuring that our tenders are of the highest quality and meet the objectives of the customer and our business to maximize the number of new accounts won and existing customers retained.
- You will provide support to review and identify all requirement of bid documents (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.) and liaison with the various business unit for appropriate input to support our sales teams in the creation and submission of customer centric tailored, written tender/bid submissions.
Specifically, the Bid Analyst’s duties shall include:
- Support the end to end development and delivery of all tender responses, managing stakeholders across our business to ensure delivery within required timescales;
- Develop strong relationships with Sales to ensure tender submissions are tailored to the customer/prospect requirements;
- Tracking all opportunities using the bid summary and bid management template and reporting this daily.
- Obtaining financial and legal sign-off for all bids;
- Uploading and maintaining a central repository of previous proposals & tenders;
- Follow the bid process and coordinates team responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Bachelor's degree in business (Marketing, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or similar) required;
- 2-4 years' experience in proposal writing with analytical and research skills.
- Commercial/business understanding for pricing analysis
- People management, negotiation and engagement skills.
- Experience in dealing with bids for large corporate organizations
- Meticulous - Detail oriented, project management skills.
- Ability to develop a bid strategy to achieve an excellent success rate for company bids by identifying winning themes
- Ability to identify, track and see issues through to resolution
Method of Application
When the page opens, click on the job title
Interested and qualified? Go to Main One Cable career website on career.mainone.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.