SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Job ID: 483
Job Type: Permanent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Functional Area: Engineering
- SC Johnson has an opportunity for a Site Engineering Manager, based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- This is an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineering Manager to join the team in Lagos as they enter a long term plan to bring about huge investment and improvements to the facility.
- This person will undergo an extensive program of education to become a Subject Matter Expert in our engineering organization structures, processes, systems and tools.
- This role also offers the opportunity to become the Early Management Pillar Leader within the TPM structure.
- Manages indirectly the site engineering team
- The individual is responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others within the work environment. The individual must follow and adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety procedures and is duty bound to stop unsafe acts and report unsafe practices.
- Supports the project design & implementation of team members. Supports department activities to design new processes, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Supports regional engineering standardization for Global Engineering as related to projects and processes in order to provide common tools for estimating, project documentation, and equipment evaluation to improve speed to market on new products.
- Drives the development and implementation of Engineering Best Practices throughout the region.
- Provides feasible process, controls and packaging solutions, as well as associated capital estimates and timelines for new marketing initiatives by coordinating with Global Engineering, Technical Platform Experts, machine suppliers and internal customers.
- Provides engineering support activities for manufacturing facilities, which include major capital projects, equipment upgrades, facility expansion and/or upgrades, major equipment and system purchases as well as installations.
- Supports, investigates, drives, and provides technical leadership in implementing cost saving projects, DTV, OEE Improvements and LEAN to existing processes and support systems in the region.
- Work with Global Engineering and key equipment suppliers to improve the flexibility of all processes to meet evolving needs.
- Supports creation of a managed strategic network of regional external technical resources, equipment suppliers.
- Participates in the development of engineering staff to raise the level of engineering competence in key processes.
- Develop and implement metrics to track savings, monitor use of EM tools and track effectiveness of EM systems to drive continuous improvement.
- May perform any other tasks/duties within his/her ability/capability as assigned by management through its agents/officers
- Bachelor of Engineering degree.
- 3 - 5 years of engineering experience (project, process, site, manufacturing, facilities and/or Capital Expenditure).
- Demonstrable Engineering project management capability honed at the manufacturing facility.
- Experience managing engineering or technical professionals and experience in the FMCG (CPG), Food & Beverage, or Pharmaceutical industries would be seen as assets, but are not absolute requirements.
- Knowledge of Machinery and Occupational Safety Act
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Communication - Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities which foster group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Visionary Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities, sets goals and objectives.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas.
Method of Application
You need to be legally eligible to work in the country of application.
Interested and qualified? Go to SC Johnson (SCJ) career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.