We are a Telehealth information and technology firm primarily focused on Sub-Saharan Africa. We work at the intersection of patients and service providers to improve the quality of healthcare via technology solutions designed to impact lives.
mDoc is seeking a knowledgeable and dynamic problem-solver to lead our firm through its next stage of development. As the operations specialist, governance and accountability spans multiple areas within the firm including, finance and operations, as well as the crafting and deployment of policies, tools that enable our team to effectively manage and deliver on critical milestones. This includes expansive stakeholder management among our clients, partners, and subcontractors. In this position, you will work in concert with the management team to contribute to and accelerate mDoc’s growth.
Budget and Finance
- Oversee financial planning, analysis, modeling, and organizational budgeting including the coordination of finances with staff, consultants, and vendors
- Work closely with Clients and the leadership team to negotiate billing rates, budgets, and financial strategies
- Manage administrative responsibilities pertinent to payroll, scheduling and daily employee needs
- Serve as mDoc’s compliance officer, ensuring both financial and operational plans follow best practice
- Actively analyze business analytics to advise organizational priorities and decision-making pertaining to staffing, business development, and revenue growth
- Manage legal requirements including interfacing with legal counsel on organization
- Oversee strategic expansion of core operational functions including org structure, service provider selection and negotiation, staff and compensation planning and oversight, tax and compliance oversight
- Process staff and consultant expenses in line with the office policies
- General activities as required by the leadership team
Human Resource (HR) Management
- Oversee development and implementation of HR policies, procedures, and guidelines. These will include topics such as health and safety, data protection, and security.
- Work to ensure that that the program staff and consultants adhere to these policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Identify and address the program team training needs and opportunities to support the program with staff development.
- Manage on-boarding, regular training, and performance management
- Develop job description drafts as necessary, manage the recruiting function and onboard new employees
- Cultivate the culture of lean and continuous improvement within the team, engaging them to be an active part of the company’s evolution
- Excellent management skills, including delegation, troubleshooting, raising issues up appropriately, being detail-focused and managing towards aggressive timelines and budgets.
- Strong operations management experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian banking and tax rules and regulations, Nigerian labor law, and interfacing with international donors
- Deep understanding of budgeting and financial reporting procedures for large scale grants and human resources management principles.
- Strong communication skills (both interpersonal and written).
- Ability to strategize and facilitate critical thinking with members of the team.
- Negotiation, decision making, and delegation skills.
- Must be an approachable mentor, employee advocate, and team leader.
- Ability to actively support, communicate, and teach the unique culture and values of mDoc
- BA/BS required, MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience professional experience, ideally in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Previous experience in finance, including managing large budgets required
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Self-starter, ability and experience working independent with minimal supervision
- Superior organizational skills and great record of professional achievement
- A capacity to work with tight time constraints in a dynamic environment
Method of Application
If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.