If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and levels. WEWE seeks application from qualified persons for the project driver position in the USAID-funded LOPIN-2 project:
Location: Port Harcourt
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
To drive project vehicle for official duties or as requested by management.
- Observe all traffic rules and regulations, safe codes, road signs and drive within maximum speed limits of 100km per hour
- Ensure project vehicles are re-fuelled after 75% is utilized.
- Conduct routine check-up of the vehicles
- Ensure supplies like tools, first aid box in the vehicle are secured for official use
- Manage a log book in compliance to USAID rules and regulations
- Ensure each staff signs vehicle log book
- Ensure staff obtain approval from administration before vehicle is taken out
- Ensure accurate documentation of all movement of personnel/vehicle usage
- Monitor vehicle use and timely notifies the management when servicing and maintenance is due.
- Ensure the project vehicle is properly kept clean and in good condition at all times
- Assist WEWE with the acquisition and renewal of vehicle license, insurance, road worthiness and all other required vehicle document and perform other task as assigned by Supervisor
- A minimum of WAEC/SSCE is required
- OND/HND/B.SC. in any relevant discipline will be an added advantage
- Certificate of Mechanical Apprenticeship completion
- Trade Test in Driving & Mechanic (FED. MIN. OF LABOUR & PRODUCTIVITY)
- Highway code and other training attended
- Valid Driver License/Competence Technical Certificate
- Driving experience 4-10 years
- Good knowledge of computer skills
- Ability to understand and follow road safety and security procedures and road signs
- Experience working on USAID/PEPFAR/ EU strongly desired
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
Kindly Note: WEWE’s recruitment process for these positions will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.