In constant pursuit of operational excellence, we meet the needs of oil and gas clients by offering a wide range of services in continental offshore and deepwater offshore. Deeply anchored locally, we believe our proximity with our clients is one of our main assets. Through our global network of shipmanagers, of BOURBON Training Centers and BOURBON Repair Centers, we are able to operate everywhere in the world with the same quality and security standards.
A leading international player in marine services, BOURBON offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Train and assess Supply vessel crew at sea
- Assess Captains, Chief Officers, Second Officers, Bosun's, AB's based on approved scope
- Assess general status of the vessel (housekeeping, documentation etc.
- Makes recommendation to HSE department to feed into training and B-Safe meetings
- Participates in Incident Investigations
- Makes recommendations regarding crew suitability for Promotions as applicable
- Coaches Captains and crew on areas designed by the skills standard (navigation, maneuvers, operations, safety, communication, behavior….)
- Develop and implement Anchor Handling Training Manual
Line reporting and functional linkage
- Reports to OSV Fleet Manager
- Interfaces with HR/Crewing Department
Key skills & Competences
- Knowledge of marine standards
- Knowledge of Training Designs and facilitation
Calm, Firm and Friendly disposition
Must have worked with Bourbon Vessels (AHTS / DP 2) for not less than 3 years as a Master / 1 year in Nigeria
- Fluent in English language (written as well)
- French speaking will be an added advantage
Extremely good with Microsoft Office
- Master greater than 3000 GRT License
- Shall hold a valid unlimited DP Certificate, issued by the Nautical Institute (NI). He shall have a minimum of 18 months sea time experience operating the DP controls system
Permanent (rotation plan to be discussed during interview)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to BOURBON Oil & Gas career website on bourbon.taleo.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.