Senior Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leaders at Visa Incorporated
Posted on: 19 June, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View Jobs posted same day
Visa Incorporated is a global Payments Technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
- Visa's Digital Team is seeking a Senior Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader who will have responsibility for the in-market implemenation of a new mobile payment solution aimed at growing merchant acceptance.
- The Senior Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader has the overall responsibility for Ngerian strategy and its implementation as well as the growth and development of meaningful and profitable merchant relations.
- In addition this role is responsible for working with the Group Country Manager/Country Managers on industry & regulatory initiatives and interchange management for the region. The Senior Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader is recognized as the Visa authority on the merchant acceptance, mobile payment, industry and regulatory areas.
- The Senior Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader oversees the overall development and implementation of merchant acceptance strategies that grow the penetration of electronic payments in this geography to drive the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) via implementing the new payment solution and bulding strong working relationships with client banks, key merchants and third party partners.
- The role is also responsible for understanding and communicating local market needs in order that the CEMEA Hub, Digital Team and Global Merchant Sales and Solutions organizations are able to effectively and efficiently define market specific strategies required to manage strategic and complex Acceptance issues.
Key Results Areas:
- Develop and execute the merchant acceptance, merchant relations and partner strategy for Nigeria increase Visa MSV, market share, data processing revenues and create acquirer, merchant and consumer preference for Visa.
- Play a hands on role in the deployment and go to market of a new mobile based technology solution.
- In conjunction with the Country Manager, represent Visa on industry bodies and forums.
- Development of multi-year merchant acquiring strategy and business plan for Nigeria and other markets as required.
- Development of new initiatives/solutions, implement marketing/usage initiatives targeting traditional and new merchant segments, both in physical world and virtual world, with a focus on mobile based acceptance solutions.
- Successfully translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts of the Acceptance and Interchange organizations with other key Visa stakeholders in particular the Country and Digtal Teams.
- Establish and foster relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management.
- Support local Client Sales and Digital Teams with their sales and enablement efforts. Maintain current knowledge of technologies, products, services, methods and applications and implement new approaches and practices as required.
- Maintain and build rapport with MSS and functional teams across Visa Inc. to exchange, learn and leverage best practices.
- Local market and regulatory knowledge and functional experience in acceptance, merchant acquiring, interchange management, consulting, financial transaction processing knowledge and client sales, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services within a highly matrixed environment
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 10 years of success in progressive leadership positions in the Payments industry
- Education (required): Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of payments network and processing services
- Working knowledge of mobile technology
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of the full breadth of acceptance and other products and services offered by Visa (preferred)
- Microsoft office tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc
- Working knowledge of Visa systems (preferred)
- Broad and multiple industry exposure.
- General finance and accounting knowledge and understanding.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Sales and relationship management skills.
- Project management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience shaping and delivering defined strategies.
- Proven track record of driving growth and taking new products from conception to commercial launch.
- Executive presence.
- Global mind-set, desire and demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally.
- Exposure to emerging payment solutions (mobile wallets, mobile money ecosystems, agent banking, mobile money transfers)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Jobs at a Leading Telecoms Company - UConnect Human Resources Limited
- Job Openings at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Printing Pre-sales Technical Consultant - Graduate At Hewlett Packard (HP) Inc
- Business Development Manager at EdgeBase Technologies
- Digital Marketing Executive at Aiotaq Integrated Solutions
- CCNA / A+ Instructor at HiiT Plc
- Job Openings at Swift Talk Limited
- Senior/Lead Dev Architect at Alfred & Victoria Associates