Our client is a recognized leader in the Nigerian environmental and sustainability risk management advisory industry.
Over the past 10 years, our client has carved a niche for itself as a specialist provider of world-class environmental and energy risk management consulting services to a varied but discerning clientele using cutting edge technologies and methodologies.
Our client has provided services for some of Nigeria's biggest and best known names in the FMCG, Oil and Gas, Power/Energy generation & transmission, Telecoms, Financial services sectors as well·as several state governments, NGOs, SMEs etc.
As part of its strategic re-positioning, our client is seeking to recruit an experienced Programme Manager to drive project management activities across all its project teams and clients and support implementation of an on-going organizational restructuring effort.
Nature of Role
Full time. Managerial & Supervisory
Directly reports to: Managing Director/CEO. Indirectly reports to: Board of Directors. Supervises: All Project Managers
The Programme Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing multipie projects across diverse industries. The selected candidate will oversee a compliment of employees Ihat are divided into various project teams. He/She will assume ownership for overall results of projecls and programs, as measured by customer delight, team engagement, project profitability, technical success, and schedule achievement The Programme Manager will also have responsibility for communicating project status to internal and external audiences as well as proactively identifying, assessing and managing project issues and risks.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
• Project planning, budgeting, requirements discovery, resource assignments, and all project management activities'
• Managing project teams/managers
• Supervising project work execution
• Risk identification, assessment and management
• issue identification and resolution
• Providing direct, clear, concise and constant communication to internal and externai customers, managing expectations and avoiding surprises.
• Coordinating non-technical aspects of projects, including all commerciai aspects such as contracts, invoicing and coHections etc.
• Identifying customers' needs for future projects and working with them to meet those needs
• Preparing, coordinating and leading high-level presentations to internal & external clients
• High-level stakeholder engagement and management
• Working with lechnical project managers to create, manage and continuously improve project processes.
Education & Experience
• Masters degree in Management, Sciences or Engineering
• Project Management certification (PMP or PRINCE 2)
• Between 10-15 years verifiable top-notch experience in the project/programme management sphere
"Nice to Have":
• Change Management certification (ADKAR Methodology)
• Programme Management certification (PgMP)
• Hands-on knowledge of the environmental sustainability management field
Required Knowledge & Skills
Project Management, Analytical thinking, Creative thinking, Problem solving, Negotiating, Planning, Multitasking, Organizafion, Leadership, Commercial awareness
Primarily based in Lagos, Nigeria. About 10% travel inter-state.
Benefits & Compensation
Attractive and negotiable
If your professional profile meets or exceeds our requirements and if you would like to work with us, kindly send a detailed resume to email@example.com before 8 August 2013.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted thereafter with further instructions.