Graduate Trainee Drilling Supervisor at Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited
Posted on: 10 July, 2013
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at ExxonMobil
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited, a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil, is seeking graduates to fill the position of Trainee Drilling Supervisor.
The successful candidate will provide day to day on-site supervision of drilling operations and make reports to the Drilling Operations Superintendent.
Other responsibilities include:
- Stewarding continuous compliance with Safety, Security, Health and Environment (SSH&E) policies and responsible for implementation of OIMS on the rig
- Making key decisions in an emergency situation to prevent injuries, well catastrophes as well as significant additional cost
- Serving as the primary contact with the rig and third party personnel at the rig site to ensure operations are performed in accordance with the drilling program in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Ensuring drilling procedures are followed as planned and conducted in an optimum manner
- Organizing and ordering the necessary services and equipment to conduct drilling and testing operations
- Ensuring that the rig and third party equipment is adequately and properly maintained
- Maintaining inventory of all equipment/materials/supplies to ensure smooth ongoing operations
- Ensuring compliance with all government and other statutory regulations; including education of all personnel on rigs on safety and related issues
- Maintaining accurate and adequate reports regarding operations, equipment and evaluation.
Requirements of Candidate
The ideal candidate for the Trainee Drilling Supervisor position must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree (B.Sc./B. Tech./B. Eng.) with a minimum of second class upper division in any of the following disciplines - Mechanical, Chemical, Civil or Petroleum Engineering
- At least one year post-NYSC oilfield experience
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with good interpersonal skill
- Any prior experience as Driller, Tool-Pusher, or Drilling / Well site Supervisor, Completions / Down-hole Tools / Fishing hand or as a Drilling Quality specialist will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Click here to apply online
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ExxonMobilSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Graduate and Experienced Job Recruitment at RusselSmith Group
- Safety Officers at Funtay Global Resources Ltd
- Human Resources Services Officer at an Oil & Gas Company - Human Edge Limited
- Entry-Level Admin/Sales Representatives at Easy Gas Nigeria Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Senior Operating Manuel Technical Writer, Operguid at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Documentation Officers at RusselSmith Group
- Medical Doctors at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited