Latest Jobs at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 16 May, 2017
Deadline: 26 May, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
- Responsible for ensuring correct documentation and filling system (photocopying, scanning, updating lists, archiving) for the cash transfers to beneficiaries as per ICRC CTP procedures in Nigeria
- Ensure timely receipts of cash transfer reports from FSPs, compile the reports and reports on discrepancies, if any. Follow on the discrepancies and report accordingly.
- Facilitates funds transfer to beneficiaries which includes preparing Payment request (if advised), passing documentation to Finance for payments, and follow up with Finance and Financial Service Providers on relevant cash transfer
- Arranges meetings, prepare meeting minutes and disseminate minutes to all relevant stake holders.
- Follows up on eventual problems and suggests improvement in any part of the CTP.
- Provides support to the field teams for cash distributions, which may require frequent field travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Finance any other field.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Hausa and/or Fulani is an asset
- Previous experience of managing / handling cash transfers to beneficiaries under cash transfer program working for Logistics or Finance department, highly preferred.
- Strong experience of managing filling systems and record keeping.
- Minimum 1 year experience of managing logistics tasks in a large setup and good experience and or understanding of distributions and procurement.
- Minimum 1 year experience of dealing with Suppliers and Financial Service Providers, etc.
- PC literate: Good command on Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power point, etc.)
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Willingness to learn
- Responsibility and Autonomy
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Very good negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to express views and ideas
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic CTP procedures
go to method of application »
- Responsible for the procurement of requested goods and services for the ICRC Sub Delegation in Maiduguri as well as for the ICRC Office in Damaturu
- Undertakes any needed regularisation/correction in Procurement files.
- Ensures that the Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Tender (RFT) contain all relevant information
- to enable transparent selection of the best price, terms and conditions.
- Receives, plans and prioritizes orders from various internal departments and ensures that their electronic and
- hard copies filing are up-to- date
- Keeping abreast of market trends and evolutions and checks the market for potential new suppliers together with requesting departments
- Follows up procurement to make sure deadlines are met; informs requesters in case of problems
- Liaises with various internal departments for the purchasing forecast
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in administration, logistics, purchasing or similar field.
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in commercial/Engineering or humanitarian sector.
- Advanced conversational and written English and Hausa.
- Computer literate: Microsoft office package.
- Has the following competencies: Adapting & Learning quickly, sense of responsibility & autonomous
- Honest & Trustworthy.
- Good Negotiation skills, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market.
- Capacity to understand and integrate the ICRC logistic procedures in transparent manner
- Flexible and a team player, hard-working and can work under tight deadlines during emergencies.
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate the job title ; as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated) Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian
mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Fresh Job Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- TA - Child Protection Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists at Cuso International
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Opportunities at FHI 360
- Graduate WASH Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Logistics Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)