Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
To follow-up the Construction and associated pre-commissioning activities related to Nigerian Content (NC) packages, up to end of Construction and load-out/integration works.
Ensure that fabrication is in accordance with the design.
- To ensure that all preservation vendor procedures/manuals are available, easily access at yard and well communicate with Contractor.
- To ensure that all preservation activities are performed safely and efficiently in line with company objectives and vendor procedures/manuals.
- To identify deficiencies and develop solutions of identified preservation problems.
- To monitor QC activities within his discipline
- To monitor materials and equipment delivered and movement at Site: progress, preservation, and installation.
- To ensure material tracking procedure well in place and follow up.
- To monitor scrap materials and put in place system of recording.
- To monitor and put in place recording spare parts materials at yard (commissioning, start-up, 2-years and capitals spares).
- To maintain good relationships with contractors, being relatively flexible also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the project.
- To ensure that safety remains the main priority on the construction site at all times.
- Attend the toolbox meetings.
- To identify critical equipments and potential bottlenecks for the condition of yard and progress of the works.
- To inform periodically to Construction Yard Representative about the progress activities and area of concern.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To participate to local programs or initiatives to improve HSSE performances.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To carefully assess hazards and risks when changes occur.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Security issues and difficult relationships with local communities may arises at some worksites
- Rotational position
- Ensure the progress and quality the construction work in Nigeria with the development of an optimized and efficient supervision team
- Support and enforce the HSEQ project objectives and directives
- Professional experience (number of years): 10 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas production projects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Language: English fluent
- Rotational position
Location & scheme:
- Resident at the FPSO fabrication site in Geoje South Korea until the FPSO leaves for tow. Then to accompany the FPSO on one or two legs of the tow to Nigeria.
- Rotational at the Nigeria Lagos integration yard for commissioning of in country fabricated modules.
- Rotational offshore during hook-up and offshore commissioning.
Commissioning preparation phase:
- He will directly assist the Lead ICSS/Instrument Commissioning Engineer in the definition of instrument precommissioning and commissioning scope within the sub-systems.
- He will participate in follow-up with Instrumentation Engineering and Construction related activities, to ensure that all activities related to Instrumentation (including packages interfaces) commissioning are defined correctly.
- He will follow up and intervene in contractor’s preparation for pre-commissioning and commissioning scope for both onshore and offshore related to all field instrumentation and related control equipment.
- He will directly participate in the follow up of contractor’s FAT activities at supplier premises, when required.
- He will review to ensure contractors PTW and instrument isolation procedures and practices are in line with Company expectations.
- He will participate in review contractors system commissioning procedures (e.g. Loop testing procedures) and Operational Test Procedures, instrument OTPs and the instrument content of other OTPs.
- He will review for approval of contractor’s pre-commissioning and commissioning dossiers.
Commissioning Execution Phase
- He will directly assist the Lead ICSS/Instrument Commissioning Engineer to organize, prepare and supervise the safe execution of the instrumentation commissioning activities.
- He will participate in witnessing contractor’s performance of pre-commissioning to achieve mechanical Completion on a sub-system basis.
- He will witness contractor’s performance of commissioning execution to achieve RFSU on system and subsystem basis for all instrumentation related equipment.
- He will participate in follow-up of contractor’s punch list activities and control of punch list items including sign-off of punch list items.
- He will provide assistance and contractor follow up during off-shore installation, hook-up and commissioning and production start-up. Progress reporting and planning.
Start Up Phase:
- He will directly be responsible to ensure Contractor and Package Vendors assistance during start up of all field instruments and instrument packages on offshore in Nigeria.
- He will follow-up with assistance to start-up team, in order to ensure proper hand-over of Instrumentation related items to Field Operations and Maintenance teams.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote Project HSEQ rules in all pre commissioning & Commissioning activities
- He shall ensure that HSE aspects including the 12 golden rules are applied in all activities under his supervision or participation.
- Stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings during activities.
- Participate to local programmes or initiatives to improve HSE performances.
- Report to his Management on any issue he may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene where necessary.
- To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
- To fully comply with all HSE requirements at all sites. Particularly the yards and sites.
- Ensures that the contractors commissioning execution plan respects the HSE Plan.
- Approve contractors PTW and instrument LOTO systems.
- The job holder will assist the Lead ICSS/Instrument Commissioning Engineer, with main focus on field instrumentation and Packages Instrumentation commissioning scope.
- He will be responsible for the planning and progress reporting of instrumentation related scopes.
- He will be responsible for Commissioning Contractor’s supervision and monitoring for instrumentation scope
- To demonstrate good leadership to ensure realization of Instrumentation commissioning activities with no negative impact on project’s HSE, quality, schedule and cost targets.
- Qualification: Appropriate instrument engineering qualification
- Professional experiences: Expert knowledge and experience of field instrumentation and Package Control systems (PLC) Commissioning & Start-up work on FPSOs: preparing commissioning strategy, developing network planning, coordinating integrated plan, contractor follow up and supervision during pre-commissioning and commissioning execution, management of systems handover process and integration with FPSO operations teams.
- Good experience in ICSS (preferably Honeywell), PSS, PCS, ESD and F&G systems, is expected.
- Good knowledge of OPERCOM methodology and ICAPS software.
- Supervisory experiences and ability to manage the works of multi engineering teams simultaneously.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.