If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
In the frame of its humanitarian mission, SIF is engaged to provide help in the area of North-East Nigeria which is currently affected by one of the world’s most serious humanitarian crisis.
Following an exploratory mission conducted in September/October 2016, SIF is in the process of opening a mission in Nigeria in order to cover the FoodSec, WASH & Protection needs of the most affected people in and around Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State. Therefore SIF is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following job position to enhance its local personnel
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
- The tasks below are not exhaustive and due to the nature of the role, mission and organization, flexibility is required.
- Project Implementation and Technical Support
- Support in planning and implementation to meet key deliverables based on project timeline and scope.
- Support in improving the capacity of SIF and other collaborating Ngos, health service providers and other agencies in providing GBV and health referral services,
- Collaborate with other international and local NGOs in the coordination of prevention and response humanitarian services,
- Support the organization in the implementation of activities, community engagement, sensitization and awareness raising/ information dissemination on available health service providers and types of service provision.
- Mainstream protection in FS/NFI/Shelter and WASH sector.
- Maintain budget awareness and ensure funds are utilized in line with the agreed plans and budgets
- Ensure and promote human resource management with the ability to manage a wide range and diverse teams.
- Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of project activities, documentation of good practices, cases with a as well as high quality of weekly reporting and other ad hoc reports to meet donor and internal requirements,
- Assist in the analysis of data collected to facilitate assessment, results and lessons learnt on program performance to inform program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in filing and record keeping / documentation of project activities.
- Provide weekly work-plans on the project activities and submit time sheets for the weekly project activities carried out.
- Implement SIF’s action plans that apply to do no harm approaches.
- Proposing solutions or other planning alternatives.
- Security Management
- Capacity to assess and mitigate against risks.
- Management of projects and assets within high volatile environment.
- Representation of SIF
- Upon request by his/her hierarchical supervision, he/she may be asked to participate to conferences, meetings of the coordination, working groups or /and any other event on a local level which requires the presence of the organization and his/her hierarchical supervisor is unable to attend;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma Certificate from accredited institution in the field of social work, social sciences, human rights, gender studies and other with relevant experiences.
- 3 to 5 years experience in humanitarian setting with relevant experience in protection SGBV/WASH/FS/NFI.
- Experience in working in emergency situations in the frame of humanitarian missions,
- Fluency in English, written and oral
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word and Excel.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong facilitation with participatory methodologies.
- Strong understanding of refugee or internally displaced persons issues in Nigerian context,
- Strong management and leadership skills, with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues and ability to work with returning refugees and host community populations.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills with knowledge of the project cycle management.
- Strong knowledge of the Humanitarian principles, Sphere Standards, and ‘Do No Harm’ methodologies.
- Positive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to problem solving,
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meets deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team member.
- Personal and professional behavior which ensures respect to SIF and avoidance of any risks for the humanitarian mission,
Duration: 3 months contract renewable upon mutual agreement.
Position based in:
Borno State, Maiduguri
Moves to other program locations as needed especially travelling and working in remote areas (Ngala ) around 50% of the time.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.