Life at eHealth Africa means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Summary: The Internship Program offers students the opportunity for experiential learning through exploring a complex set of new experiences in a practical work setting. The “hands on” learning in our work site provides a chance for students to apply theoretical knowledge to real life situations. The resultant learning does not only increase the student’s understanding of the field but also enhances his/her academic experience by providing new perspectives. eHA believes that an internship is an important part of career preparation and offers students the opportunity for experiential learning through exploring a complex set of new experiences in a practical work setting.
Summary of Intern Responsibilities/Expectations
- Identify learning objectives in relation to the internship.
- Comply with eHA’s Regulations and guidelines: report for work on time; complete assignments competently; maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- Keep a weekly report of activities and reflections upon the internship experience. This is an essential part of the internship as reports will be reviewed and placed in intern records.
- A final summary report must be submitted before the intern leaves eHA.
- Keep a record of days and hours worked. At the end of each month, the time sheet is signed by the supervisor.
- Intern must complete required hours every week; if unable to meet required hours for a particular reporting week, Intern must notify supervisor. Notify supervisor of any unavoidable absences, changes in job status, or if any difficulties are experienced with the internship site or supervisor.
- Submit the supervisor’s evaluation form to the Human resources.
- Educational Status - Currently undertaking a Bachelors degree or a post graduate study.
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject (social science, law, research, GIS, information technology public health, management etc) or Completed Ordinary National Diploma OND and wants to undertake the mandatory one year industrial attachment or Recent graduate with NYSC discharge certificate seeking work experience.
- Nationality - Must show proof of citizenship or possess a valid work permit in location of internship.
- Languages- Must be thoroughly proficient in at least one of the languages of the organization (English, French, Hausa).
- Interest in development, particularly in the field of Public Health.
- Open-mindedness and a positive attitude.
- Enthusiasm and motivation.
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to work in a team, as well as to work independently on own initiative.
The intern at eHA will gain:
- Experience working in a non-profit organization.
- Regular professional performance evaluation and constructive feedback on on their work.
- A final report, certificate and reference letter detailing intern work.
- Possibility of future employment at eHA.
- Hands on practical experience and solutions developed from real life problems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa career website on ehealthafrica.bamboohr.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.