Job Opening in the Mining Industry - CA Global
Posted on: 10 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at CA Global
CA Global - A Mining Company Based in West Africa is looking for a Head of Department: Metallurgy to manage all aspects related to the processing plant (production and maintenance) to ensure that performance and associated standards are met.
- Ensure that appropriate SHE systems and practices are implemented within the department.
- Ensure that utilisation, throughput and recovery targets are being met.
- Ensure that suitable personnel are available and utilised. This includes development and training of personnel.
- Ensure that all plant operations are running efficiently against industry best practices and appropriate standards by updating, recording, archiving and analysis of all plant related data.
- Ensure that appropriate metallurgical input is provided for business plans and forecasts (e.g. monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts).
- Ensure that cost and cash flow targets are met.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are developed and implemented in the department. These includes policies and procedures applicable to: Main processing plant ;Final Recovery ; Slimes Dam and Tailings Dump ; Return Water Dam and Plant Water Supply
- Identify and mitigate the top risks within the metallurgical department/discipline.
- Submit required management reports and liaise with the Principal Process Engineer on discipline related issues.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc/BTech/NDip in Extractive Metallurgy/Metallurgical Engineering or in Chemical Engineering from a reputable university/institution.
- A suitable management course (e.g. MDP, MAP).
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in diamond processing plants. This must include a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/management role.
- Extensive experience with operational and business systems.
- A track record of training and developing local staff.
- The ability to lead and direct a multi-disciplinary team and work in a fast-paced, schedule driven environment.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related tax free net salary
- 2 years Contract
- life and medical insurance
- 56 days on 24 days off working rotation
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CA Global career website on caglobal.catsone.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CA GlobalSimilar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at Workforce Group
- Job Vacancies at Enroyale Global Services Limited
- IT Officer at Culminate Consulting
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant at Oscar Temple
- GT Mechanical Installation - Azura Edo at NES Global Talent
- Human Resource Roles at Bellforte Consulting
- Account & Admin Officer at TheJobMag
- Teacher - Early Years at Management FIRST