Jobs at Howard University Pharmacists and Continuing Education (HU-PACE)
Posted on: 24 March, 2013
Deadline: 3 April, 2013
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Howard University Pharmacists and Continuing Education (HU-PACE) Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services.
Under the auspices of the Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services project, with the objective to reduce the burden of HIVIAIDS in targeted areas of Nigeria, HU-PACE leads the project efforts to promote pharmacy best practices by providing technical leadership in strengthening pharmacy systems and pharmacists capacity to provide quality HIVIAIDS, STI, and TB pharmacy services both at the health facility and in the community.
We are hereby seeking qualified candidates registered with Pharmacy Council of Nigeria (PCN) to fill the underlisted positions.
- The Pharmacy Specialist will provide technical and programmatic support in strengthening pharmacy systems and building pharmacists’ capacity on Pharmacy Best Practices including inventory control; and
- Pharmaceutical Care in Anti-retroviral therapy (ART), Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV/AIDS (PMTCT), TB (Tuberculosis), Reproductive health (RH) and related services.
- S/he will support capacity building of pharmacy staff to implement quality services in these areas within supported health facilities and the community.
Minimum Requirement Standards:
- B.Pharm /PharmD and at least 5 years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS with international pharmacy development programs; or
- B.Pharm plus MSc/MPH in Public Health or related field, and at least 2 years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS with International development programs.
- The job involves at least 30% local travel at short notice.
- HU-PACE has a competitive compensation package
- All positions require the ability to use key computing applications and knowledge of different database (e.g. MS Office Suite etc.); DHIS or LAMIS a plus
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to extend working hours to meet deadlines and at short notice
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams to produce excellent results under pressure
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified Candidates should send: Suitability Statement, Resume/Curriculum Vitae as a Single MS Word document with the Job Title Clearly indicated as the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Program Manager at Save the Children Nigeria
- Consultant at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Program Coordinator at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- National Construction Engineers at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Data Officer at Médecins du Monde
- Security And Liaison Assistant at The Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)
- Country Finance Officer at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Vacancies at Malaria Consortium