Our client is a medium-size national business organization and major player in the business of courier services and transportation logistics. As a result of a recent restructuring within the organization, vacancies exist for result-oriented, competent and experienced professionals to fill the following positions.
The successful candidate shall be the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the company and the major driver of the values,
mission and vision of the company .
- He shall be the head of the management team and driver of profitability, new businesses and sustainability.
- He shall be a self-motivated go-getter, with strong organizational and marketing skills.
- He shall provide leadership to make the company a reference point in quality service delivery and customer satisfaction .
- He must be both computer and financially literate
- Develop and implement policies and procedures in the organization
- Set administrative services, financial targets and objectives as well as track company's performance against set objectives .
- Oversee all administrative functions such as capital equipment planning and management, genera! procurement and provision of local utilities and service requirements.
- Ensure efficient fleet management and maintain regular inventory list of company's propertv as well asefficient allocation of
the company resources and smooth office operations.
- Lead the company in establishing and expanding business opportunities by providing information on local market, international market, establish new business contacts, business tools, funding opportunities and expand the clientele base of the company.
- Provide a quarterly report on the activities of the company to the Executive Chairman and the Board of Directors.
Minimum of a Bachelor's Oegree in Business Administration/Management, Social Sciences or Humanities with a minimum of
10 years of progressive experience in a courier and logistics company. Proven ability to establish, prioritize and accornplish goals.
Strong attention to details and ability to evaluate different alternatives and apply the one that best meets business and professional needs of the situation are necessary. A higher qualification and / or membership of relevant professional body is an advantage.
Direct supervision of field staff and all operations staff and personnel
Ensure quality assurances, quality control and management for maximum customer satisfaction
Scheduling and planning of all logistics activities and operations of the company
Ensure the safety and road worthiness of all operational vehicles, motorbikes and other assets of the company.
Keep the General Manager informed on the status of all operational issues including vehicles and other assets of the company.
Maintain appropriate documentation of maintenance schedules, repairs, work orders and other operating reports for all the
Provide a monthly report on the activities of the operations department to the General Managerl Chief Operating Officer
Monitor and ensure that all aspects of operations and processes of the company meet specified regulations, and report any deviation and lor discrepancies to the General Manager/COO
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Engineering or Socia! Sciences with a minimum of 7 years progressive work experience in a courier /logtstlcs company. A strong analytical skill and ab1lfty to work under pressure without supervision is necessary. A higher degree and/or membership of a relevant professional body is an advantage.
Remunerations attached to the above positions are attractive and competitive and bench marks industry standards.
Methods of Application
Interested applicants should forward comprehensive e-copies of their job-active CV's in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com indicating the position and reference number as the subject matter of the e-mail not later than two weeks from the date of this publication. Only shortltsted candidates. will be contacted.
GM PROJECTS ASSOCIATES AND CONSULTANTS
(Human Resources, Financial Advisory and General Management Services)
First Floor. 55 Agege Motor Road, Near Moshalashi Bus Stop. Idi-Oro. Mushin.lagos Tel: 08083745336