Find below vacancies at TSHIP
1.Participate in the overall and state M&E strategic planning activities and work plan development, and reviews.
2.Lead the implementation of Performance Management Plan (PMP) in the target state
3.Coordinate the preparation of reports: quarterly reports, semi-annual and annual program reports as well as any other required program / indicator reports.
4.Ensure that all relevant M&E documents are organized and updated on the office shared drive as appropriate
5.Lead the conduct of periodic surveys and assessments in coordination with staff in other departments.
6.Write and work to publish papers and provide hands-on mentoring to technical staff in in the writing and publication process.
7.Troubleshoot program monitoring indicator data quality issues and implement agreed strategies designed to improve the situation in collaboration with the state HMIS Specialist
8.Participate in capacity building activities on M&E for staff in the office, including M&E staff and staff of partner organizations, including state government staff.
9.Contribute to identifying and developing best practices and success stories in collaboration with the Knowledge Management and Communication Specialist including program staff
10.Lead the development and review of data collection tools (DCT) / questionnaires in coordination with relevant departments for various studies/surveys/assessments.
11.Regularly meeting the technical staff to understand and assess their changing information needs and to coordinate the process of providing technical feedback using data collected from project activities and/or those from other sources to track overall progress in achieving program goals and also to improve program activities
12.Provide support to the M&E Director for all data management process in the office – data collection, collation, cleaning, entry, analysis and report writing
13.Make input in the development and review of SOW for engagement of consultants and Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) providers
14.Work with STTA providers to provide required TA for activities and also facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate local staff.
15.Make input in the development/review of assessment/survey protocols and support the implementation of the same.
16.Other duties as assigned by the Director, Monitoring & Evaluation.
• Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others; role requires serving multiple constituencies and moving initiatives forward.
• Ability to prioritize and multitasking of varied objectives and duties.
• Ability to work independent with minimal supervision and no maintain flexibility in working hours
• Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Display cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability.
• A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
• Ability to maintain a professional approach and confidentiality
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, data management and analysis software packages such as MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS, STATA, Epi Info.
• Ability and willingness to travel in the field
• Prior work history with USAID projects
1. Works with the Deputy Chiefs of Party and Finance and Admin Specialist of both states and the Human Resources Manager in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country:
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations and other non-State actors in the area of operation.
- Assess the security situation in both states and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required for a proper analysis of the situation by the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Communicates information on security to the DCOP F&A and other DCOP’s and provides country security advice to the Chief of Party in the absence of the DCOP F&A, as required.
- Maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of USAID, other USAID IP’s Security organizations, the Nigerian Police and Military command structures in Northern Nigeria
- May be requested to provide technical guidance at Senior Leadership Team meetings, in the absence of the DCOP F&A.
2. Maintains the Security Plan, including updating staff lists (i.e. Emergency phone tree):
- Helps in the preparation and review of the TSHIP Security Plan.
- Supports actions during the implementation of the Security Plan as required.
- Implements the JSI Security and Operational manual
- Provide Advanced Security Training for all TSHIP drivers on how to handle extremely dangerous situations
- Ensure that periodic simulations for safety and fire drills and alarms system are conducted in the two states.
3. Assists the DCOP F&A in monitoring compliance with Minimum Operational Security Standards
- Assists with the compilation of data required for the Minimum Operational Standard Self-Assessment Programme.
4. Assists in reporting security incidents affecting TSHIP staff, offices and assets, and assists in the preparation of security reports, such as the Security Incident Report, the Security Assessments and the Quarterly Incident Report.
5. Provides support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness, and providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members. Conducts security briefings, as required.
6. Provides general administrative assistance to the DCOP F&A
- Maintains routine and confidential correspondence files/documents.
- Maintains a database on contact details in relation to host country security authorities.
7. Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the DCOP F&A as per JSI Research and Training Institute policies and procedures.
- Conducts security evaluations and provides advice on security measures for the residences Minimum Operating Residential Security Standards of TSHIP staff, as well as on latest trends and threats to staff safety and security.
- Establishes and maintains warden system and keeps update of information related to TSHIP offices and residences.
- Administers in collaboration with the Human Resources Manager the TSHIP staff ID system.
- Maintains liaison with security companies used for TSHIP security at offices and residences, in order to ensure the effective and efficient use of the guard force.
- Verifies the Criminal records and security clearances for all employees.
•Experience in diplomatic security, protection and intelligence considered an asset.
•Knowledge of safety codes.
•Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
•Possession of a valid driver’s license.
•Ability to travel to Sokoto and other northern States in Nigeria
Click on the link below to view details and other job openings.