Driving Vacancy at Christian Aid (CA)
Posted on: 28 October, 2016
Deadline: 4 November, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Code: 0943
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Length of Contract: 2 Years
About the Role
- The role works within the Administrative role family and is key to ensuring staff, visitors and goods are taken to their required destination within Christian Aids offices, with significant travel within country.
- To provide logistics and administrative support within Christian Aid office.
- To maintain all Christian Aid vehicles, including safety equipment.
- To ensure regular maintenance of the project vehicle and where required, ensure any complex vehicle repairs are carried out by the appropriate service provider.
- You have a minimum of Secondary School Certification with basic knowledge of clerical work.
- You must have a minimum of five years driving experience, including evidence of a one year learning period with a valid driving licence and any other documentation required to drive and maintain a four wheel vehicle.
- You must also have experience driving a vehicle with passengers, knowledge of the area and experience of liaising with government and security officials when required.
- You must have basic computer skills and be able to communicate in English language. It is desirable for you to have administrative and logistic support experience
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
- As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Competency Question 1: Tell us about a time when you worked in a helpful and cooperative way with others and provided help to them without being asked
- Competency Question 2: Tell us about a time when you needed to explain something in a simple or different way because someone appeared to have not understood you
- Competency question 3: Tell us about a time when you took an initiative to solve a problem.
Method of Application
Click here to view more information (pdf)
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on jobs.christianaid.org.uk to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Fresh Job Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- TA - Child Protection Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists at Cuso International
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Opportunities at FHI 360
- Graduate WASH Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Logistics Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)