Career Opportunity at Main One Cable
Posted on: 26 October, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
Department: Technical Solutions
Reporting Line: Technical Sales Manager
- Provide technical and business consultative leadership throughout the technical life cycle of technical solutions.
- Will be involved from pre-sales solution formulation through system deployment; including bid preparation and customer interface resulting in solutions architecture proposals.
- The Solutions Architect will develop and articulate solutions based on a customer's strategic business or technical requirements ascertained from working with multiple business units across the customer's organization.
- Coordinate with the sales team in formulating and building up proposal knowledge, including making technical demos and presentations to Main One customers.
- Assist in the translation of customer needs/technical requirements to appropriate solutions by liaising with customers to understand, anticipate and meet their specific needs.
- Design service solutions for Manages Service customers in line with ITIL and/or industry best practice.
- Proven business development experience and familiarity with cloud services markets.
- Demonstrate ability, determination and tenacity to move major initiatives forward and drive focus while consistently thinking of the bottom-line impact of the efforts.
- Contribute proactively to new service development.
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and other internal stakeholders for Cloud Aggregators or Managed Service Providers.
- Ensure quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all service arrangements.
- Communications and Work Relationships
- The Solutions Architect report directly to the Technical Sales Manager. The Solutions Architect work closely with members of the Cloud team, Managed Services, Sales, Vendor Management, External Vendors, Project Management, Service delivery and members of other teams as required from time to time.
The Solutions Architect has regular contact with a number of internal and external stakeholders, these include but are not limited to:
- Sales Manager
- Project Manager
- Managed Services
- Cloud Team
- Service Delivery
- Product Development
- Team members
- Technical Operations (TX, IP, OSP, DC and GNOC)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Communication Technology or E Engineering.
- Must have strong Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
- Experience with VMware products (vSphere, vCloud Director)
- Cisco CCNA/CCDA
- Minimum of 2 years of experience across the business development lifecycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing and Proposal Development).
- 3-4 years of experience in designing, architecture, and implementing enterprise applications and systems.
- At least five (5-6) years industry experience.
- Experience with Cisco equipment essential.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services. Certification in Azure or any formal training preferred
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing and Virtualization.
- Demonstrable experience with infrastructure (hypervisors, networking, storage, load balancers, firewalls, monitoring etc.)
- Experience, knowledge and ability to solution service offering across all three tiers:
- Infrastructure (including outsourcing best practices, transition, and ITIL)
- Application Development and Maintenance
- System Integration and Management
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Radio/Microwave and terrestrial transmission systems.
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Experience in migrating applications to the Cloud environments; reviewing and evaluating potential solutions for external/internal customers.
- Experience in telecom architecture.
- Experience relating business requirements to system and infrastructure components and designing the bill of materials for a project.
- Creative and innovative approach.
- Proactive with a positive 'can do' approach.
- Sound commercial business understanding and risk aware.
- Set up and maintain a best practice library of company proposals and architectural designs proposed to customers with success and conversion rate indicators.
- Team player / Ability to work independently / Ability to work without supervision.
Demands of the Job:
- Background in Telecom and/Cloud Environment.
- Problem solving.
- Prioritising workload of self and others.
- Written and verbal communications.
- Contract negotiation and influencing skills.
- Relationship Management and Analytical Skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Main One Cable career website on career.mainone.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Riddle Technologies Limited
- Marketing Manager - Central West Africa at the International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
- Applications & Systems Developer at Voucher Net Limited
- ERP Cloud Base Support Analyst at Dataflex Nigeria Limited
- UI/UX Designer at Exolve Technologies Limited
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- UI/UX Designer at Kinexus Data Services Company
- Electrical Electronic and IT Engineer at E-Terra Technologies Limited