Project Management - The Company is a multidisciplinary firm with strong interests in Property development, Infrastructure development, Aviation, Energy, Technology, Creative Media and Agriculture. The company was incorporated 1983 and has been operating since then, however, it started of strictly carrying out Govt contracts for the Federal Govt of Nigeria and Lagos State Govt. In the last 8 years huge steps have been taken towards building a viable private sector driven business with the aim to form a formidable group of companies with successful businesses in every sector of the Nigerian economy.
To provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational, and logistical service to the MD, helping him to manage and prioritize his time. You will be responsible for providing full secretarial assistance to the management team during absences to ensure a high level of service is maintained. This position will be of key importance within the organisation and the successful candidate must have previous project support and administrative experience within a fast-paced customer facing environment. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organise your workload and the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner. You will be able to communicate with our various foreign partners Uk, Dubai, Poland.
- Manage and maintain the MD’s diary and email account.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
- Organise inbound emails into the appropriate folders and any relevant information to be copied into the correct file on the hard drive.
- Respond to emails as much as possible, dealing with appointments, requiring Bio or photos etc.
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers etc. and troubleshooting problems.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Schedule on behalf of the MD meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure arrangements in place for the MD match his requirements.
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Ensure the MD is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements he is involved in. Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the MD, including the drafting of general replies.
- Minute general meetings as required and complete research on behalf of the MD.
- Keep and retrieve files.
- Ensure guests meeting with the MD are well taken care of.
- Provide a service that is in line with the MD’s work habits and preferences.
- Act as project lead when the MD is not available
- Well spoken, articulated and can multi-task
- Will need to be able to update project costing schedules on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
To attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required. You may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks around the company’s that may be deemed necessary.
- Be aware of Health and Safety standards; along with a high understanding of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace
- A good deal of common sense, etiquette and an ability to think on one’s feet
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Excellent typing skills, speed and accuracy essential
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional telephone manner
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Bright, confident personality
- Well presented
- Highly personable
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
- Willing to travel
Desirable skills but not mandatory
- A second language such as French, Chinese, Spanish or German
- Career progression dependent on performance and desire
Group Head Projects
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on www.linkedin.com to apply