GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Number: 2747494
Location: Port Harcourt
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: Power Power Generation Services
- GE Power is one of the world's leading suppliers of power generation and energy delivery technologies providing a broad array of solutions for traditionally fueled plants as well as those driven by renewable resources such as wind, solar and biogas.
- GE is looking for experienced “other Original Equipment Manufacturer” (oOEM) Field Engineer / Shift Leader with valuable experience on oOEM technology: Gas & Steam Turbines or Generators SIEMENS, WESTINGHOUSE and MITSHUBISHI.
The primary responsibilities of our Field Engineer / Shift Leader oOEM are to:
1.) Center of Excellence (CoE) Project Manager:
- Responsible to build up oOEM Team, working for the Service Leader oOEM MEA.
- Provide technical expertise on oOEM, preparing Field Service Procedures and Protocols in collaboration with GE Engineering and oOEM Product Line.
2.) Project Management:
- Provide technical direction and project management for the maintenance of oOEM Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine and Generator products - Planning, Preparing & Implementing.
3.) Site Management:
- Direct and coordinate the activities of Specialists and support employees assigned on shift to meet safety, schedule, budget, and quality objectives of the project.
- Prepare accurate reports concerning conditions, actions required and results obtained at the systems level.
- Assume responsibility for tool inventory from pre-job preparation through completion. Recommend procurement of and revisions to tools and equipment.
- Provide system level interface and field service engineering expertise to division, customer and product line management and assist engineering, technical and non-technical personnel at the job sites in the fulfillment of their roles.
- Review and Sign completed time and expenses as needed.
- Complete job evaluations for each Specialist and each casual employee on the job and communicate to each employee.
- Observe the work area and employee work habits and take all necessary actions to maintain productivity in a safe, clean, working atmosphere.
4.) Customer Management:
- Actively gathers information on the customer and the customer's requirements/targets; Involves the customer in decision-making processes and provides regular information on project progress; Identifies Cross-Group business opportunities; Creates additional business opportunities out of the ongoing project.
5.) Supply Management:
- Involved with qualified subcontractors/partners in a timely manner.
- Selects subcontractors/partners according to defined criteria.
- Monitors the performance of the subcontractors/partners, conducts timely escalation (in the event of qualitative shortfalls and problems in cooperation) and, where there are any discrepancies, initiates timely suitable action.
- Selects subcontractors/partners based on strategic viewpoints.
- Identifies further opportunities for business with the partner(s).
- Relevant experience (minimum 5 years) in oOEM products: technical & maintenance knowledge Gas Turbine, Generator or Steam Turbine, including auxiliaries.
- Good command of oral and written English skill.
- Valuable skill: Hands-on experience directing and installing Blades, Vanes, Rotor De-stacking, Generator Winding, Steamer Majors, etc.
- Power plant or field service experience preferred.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Willing to continuously work on construction site and travel worldwide.
- Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
- Read and understand technical drawings.
- University degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent Experience, i.e. proven Qualification as a Mechanical Lead Supervisor by oOEM (SIEMENS, Westinghouse, Mitsubishi) with advance knowledge on MS Office as well as Corporate Applications (SAP, ORACLE, Salesforce.com, etc.).
- Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions. Please submit resume in English
- Minimum 5 years Field Engineer / Shift Leader experience on oOEM Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines or Generators.
Job Number: 2747845
Business: GE Global Operations
Business Segment: Global Operations Finance
- This role will work directly with the regional SSA Statutory & Controllership teams to prepare and file the statutory financial statements to support the annual tax returns filed with the local authorities following the rigorous project planning, execution & debrief process.
- Your Scope will mainly focus on Nigeria.
- Obtain, interpret and provide country requirements relating to statutory accounting and reporting to business finance managers.
- Hold planning meetings with the statutory auditors to agree on the audit approach, fees, schedule audit calendar and the prepared by client list.
- Hold planning meetings with the internal process stakeholders (business finance managers/controllers & tax directors/controllers) to agree on the audit requirements and key hand over dates.
- Compile and communicate the statutory and tax required documentation & information that is required to support the local statutory & tax filing to all the process stakeholders.
- Review & sign-off on required documentation & information provided by business finance teams.
- Perform US GAAP to local GAAP (G2S) reconciliation for all business management entities reported under the legal entity in the Statutory and Tax Information Reporting tool (STIR).
- Report out the G2S findings to the Statutory Controllership Leader, Business Finance Managers, Business Tax Controllers and Business Controllers.
- Prepare the entity level and management entity financial statements in compliance with the local reporting requirements.
- Manage statutory audit field work and monitor the execution in accordance with the agreed audit calendar.
- File the Statutory financial statements in accordance with the local requirements
- Attend operational pulsing meetings throughout the entire process to update all the process stakeholders on milestones achieved, challenges and next steps.
- Perform the annual reconciliations between the VAT and statutory sales for the legal entity & management entities and identify the corrective actions.
- Hold de-brief meetings with all the statutory & tax process stakeholders and identify process improvement areas as well as any corrective actions for future filing periods.
- Ownership of e-Compliance obligations for the entities and responsibility for ensuring eCompliance is accurate and up-to-date
- B.Sc degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from an accredited university
- Qualified chartered accountant.
- 4-6 years of experience with Stat to GAAP, Statutory/Tax filings, analyzing data preferably at Big4 or at companies using long term contracts.
- Excellent knowledge of country requirements relating to statutory accounting and reporting & extensive experience in reporting under Local GAAP.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP requirements & excellent Knowledge of IFRS.
- Ability to identify areas which are subject to G2S differences and apply them on a US GAAP Trial Balance and documents supporting the preparation of the Statutory Trial Balance under the local jurisdiction
- Comprehensive understanding on the local documentation requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - report out the key achievements, challenges and next steps on a weekly basis to the regional leadership team
- Self-starter with a commitment to meet deadlines - strong engagement to perform activities identified in the project plan and lead to completion on time and meet the Key Milestone deadlines of the project
- Strong attention to details, experience with data analytics
- Identify risk areas which can impact the timely and accurate completion of the key milestones and use the appropriate communication channels provided by the project framework to escalate issues
- Escalate issues on a timely manner using the Stat and Tax Compliance tracker
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Demonstrated team player with collaborative and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create operational guidelines and metrics to facilitate strong process performance.
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Job Number: 2748804
Business: GE Healthcare
Business Segment: Healthcare Sustainable Solutions
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the origination, structuring and execution of Africa development of projects in the private & public sectors as well as under PPP / MES type schemes including wide-scale healthcare transformation and mega-modernization programs.
- Focus on Key strategic Hospital Projects.
- He/She will manage a team PSMs, HTPs and CPMs, providing advisory and consultancy services for health professionals, with the aim of developing Turn-Key Department Solutions
- Fully understand the terms and conditions of the customer specific contract and delivery requirements, ensure contract terms are met by GE and its contractors at all times.
- Lead the customer’s account relationship including establishing monthly operating rhythm, organizing and leading customer management committee meetings, identifying marketing and promotional opportunities and creating performance dashboards as well as initiating strategic discussions.
- Grow book of business by managing the Sales process including identifying and executing simplification initiatives, driving market share and working with all other departments (price, structure & close) larger strategic accounts.
- Work with LCT lead & Lead Sales Rep. to develop strategic account plans that drive retention, penetration, profitability and growth of existing accounts.
- Forecast sales opportunities and execute sales strategy to ensure that growth and profitability are achieved/exceeded.
- Act as the “One GE Healthcare” face in front of the customer and coordinate all GE stakeholders for the projects he is responsible for from inception to closure.
- Leverage GE Sales & Project Finance team capabilities financing capabilities to address projects funding needs.
- Leverage the GE Solutions team capabilities to address customer needs and differentiate e.g. Technology Planning, Service 2.0, GE HC Partners, Leadership & Clinical Trainings
- Leverage GE government relations to establish strong relationships with healthcare authorities and financing institutions personnel
- Manage and coach a Local Team of PSMs, HTPs and CPMs, having regular Operational mechanisms to follow up the Project Business in a given Region or LCT.
- Originate and lead wide-scale healthcare transformation and mega-modernization programs together with Government MoH- Ministry of Health
- Fully understand the breadth of the relevant product offering to represent the full spectrum of available structures.
- Have at least 5 years’ knowledge and be proficient in the International Healthcare projects development market space
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of sales experience).
- Banking/finance/healthcare development subjects or business development preferred
- Experience of at least 5 years of Managing a Commercial and Execution Team.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive high level C suite selling, sales experience in relevant industry. (Pharma. Healthcare)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Industry-related financial analysis, bid proposal and risk, tax and legal principles and analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Master’s degree preferred
- Fluent in English language
- Healthcare experience in a commercial environment
- Direct and/or Indirect management experience; managing in a matrix organization
- Deep knowledge of GEHC and the products and services offered
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.