Administrative Role at a Leading Insurance Company
Posted on: 4 October, 2016
Deadline: 18 October, 2016
View Jobs in Insurance
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry is in search of a high performing executive to join its governance team.
The company is aligning its strategic objectives to meet the changing demands of the current market landscape and seeks a highly visionary individual to sustain and maintain its technical edge.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The successful candidate shall be responsible for leading and supervising the technical and underwriting functions of the company.
- He/she shall be responsible and accountable to the Board of Directors through the Managing Director.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Provide effective support to the board in defining the strategic direction and focus of the company
- Lead initiation and implementation of strategies and policies in accordance with board approved priorities for the technical directorate
- Generate business growth opportunities by developing and managing key relationships for enhanced revenue performance
- Provide underwriting philosophies and discipline across all business lines
- Lead and motivate divisional and departmental teams with direct reporting relationship to the office
- Manage and execute high level process development as well as the quantity and quality of work performed by the technical directorate
- Accountable for effective implementation of and adherence to established obligations, contracts and other underwriting commitments
- Annually design, implement and manage underwriting authority, guidelines and approval thresholds
- Responsible for all technical regulatory compliance requirements as set by the National Insurance Commission
- Provide direct oversight for day to day operations of policy administration and insurance operations functions
- Other duties as assigned by the MD/CEO and the board
Qualifications and Attributes
- A first Degree, preferably in Insurance, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance or related discipline from a reputable institution
- Professional insurance qualifications i.e. ACII or equivalent
- A Master's degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- 15+ years experience in underwriting and business development
- High level strategic thinking capabilities
- Strong numeric and technical skills
- Good team leading and building orientation
- Executive level creativity and innovative competencies
- Proficiency in the use of modern day technology-based service delivery tools
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their current comprehensive Curriculum Vitae prepared as a MS Word/Adobe document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants are guaranteed that their applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Assistant Manager, Business Development at Willis Towers Watson Nigeria Limited
- Operations Manager at an Insurance Firm - Workforce Group