Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
The Data Analyst - Talent Sourcing Associate is charged with collecting relevant and critical data across all stages of Andela’s recruiting process, and then using this data to create intelligent insights that would enable us develop better ways to recruit and select developers.
The Data Analyst - Talent Sourcing Associate at Andela would be part of the developer recruitment team which is a core part of Andela as the success of our program depends on the quality of developers that we admit into the program. He/she would report to the Director of Recruitment and work with the Recruitment Logistics Associate and Outreach and Partnership Associate to set country recruitment team’s objectives, set priorities, and execute on a well laid out plan.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst - Talent Sourcing Associate to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. You will conduct full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements in the recruitment department.
The specific responsibilities of the Data Analyst - Talent Sourcing Associate will include:
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports, drawing inference and presenting observations to the recruitment team to ensure constantly optimized recruitment process.
- Developing and implementing data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality in the recruitment department
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases/data systems
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filtering and cleaning data
- Working closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities
- Providing requested analysis on Recruitment budget and activities for, board and management reporting requirements.
- Managing and analysing publicity, social media, fellow performance data
- Ensuring that the recruitment process is the least costly and most effective based on lessons learnt from data available
- Creating and keeping records of candidate evaluation information from applications and interviews.
- Liaising and working effectively with contacts across all departments and at all levels within and outside Andela, to ensure a collaborative approach to recruitment.
- Developing and monitoring metrics for measuring process implementation and recruiting effectiveness.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidates for this role should:
- Have a BSc in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Information Management.
- Have proven working experience as a data analyst.
- Be comfortable with numbers and have the ability to analyse, interpret and draw inferences from complex data sets.
- Have excellent quantitative skills and a deep understanding of statistics.
- Be familiar with data analysis and statistical methods.
- Have strong Excel skills.
- Have experience with SQL and database management.
- Have experience with any statistical analysis package such as Excel, SPSS, SAS etc (Advanced Excel Proficiency is a plus).
- Have experience with A/B testing and calculating statistical significance.
- Be a self-starter who can accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have good knowledge of and be passionate about Andela’s mission and vision.
- Epitomize a level of enthusiasm about being at Andela as a model for all fellows to promote the organization to external audiences.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the plane
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
go to method of application »
About the Success Operations Lead
The Success Operations Lead will ensure that Andela's Success team balances the needs of Fellows and Clients and provides both complete support. She/he is passionate about Andela’s mission and technology and is able to remain flexible and wear many hats to help meet growing and changing needs of a start up.
This position is full-time based at Andela’s office in Nairobi, Kenya or Lagos, Nigeria.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Provide day-to-day support to the Success team to help meet their goals and promote growth.
- Help in the on-boarding of new Success team members with training and materials to ensure that team members are true representatives of Andela
- Create and maintain process documentation and onboarding materials
- Coordinate international travel and scheduling for all members of the Success team to ensure coverage across all client and Fellow obligations
- Track and monitor Fellow requests to Success for assessments and scoring to ensure that the department is meeting its SLAs
- Monitor and analyze Success team performance.
- Help to identify and implement new procedures and best practices to reduce friction and increase the efficiency of the Success team.
- Assist with data collection to make better decisions.
- Establish and manage processes for information flow to assure data for the Success Metrics are correctly entered and up to date in real-time
- Submit weekly Success reports
- Run the quarterly Client and Fellow surveys, collate the data, identify important trends and prepare it for reporting
- Work with Director of Product Management and Director of Talent and Growth to define ways to better leverage the data that Andela is already collecting on Clients and Fellows as well as identify what else needs to be collected
- Coordinate Senior Consultants and other remote team members of Success
- Represent and touch base with all remote Success team members on a regular basis to ensure that they feel part of the overall Andela community.
- Work with Senior Consultants and Technical Project Managers to ensure that their engagements are proceeding smoothly and that any warning flags are escalated to the Directors of Success as quickly as possible.
- Establish and maintain an engagement dashboard to track the quality of all team and project engagements to provide quick visibility for this initiative.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of experience in team operations
- Extremely well-organized, with strong attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with remote staff.
- Prior experience with offshore project delivery and / or program management
- Ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to converse with all levels of the organization
- Strong logistical management and analytics skills
- Strong proficiency with Google Apps: Calendar, Hangouts, Docs, Sheets
- Be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.