Graduate Trainee Vacancy at Vanden Agro-Allied Group
Posted on: 22 September, 2016
Deadline: 31 October, 2016
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Vanden Agro-Allied Group
Vanden Agro-Allied Group, is a company established in 2000, active in the trading of raw materials (cotton, coffee and cocoa). The company is managed by a team of experienced and highly skilled professionals in agricultural farming.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
- Farm managers are responsible for planning, organizing and managing the activities of a farm
- Planning finances and production to maintain farm progress against
- Budget parameters.
- Practical activities, e.g. driving tractors, operating machinery,
- Feeding livestock, spraying fields, etc.
- Marketing the farm's products.
- Buying supplies, such as fertilizer and seeds.
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment.
- Planning activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring them.
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of yield, whether livestock or crops.
- Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans.
- Making sure products are ready for deadlines, such as auctions and markets.
- Applying health and safety standards across the farm estate.
- Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity.
- Keeping financial records up to date.
- Knowledge of food production.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Supervisory skills and management ability.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- Larger-scale business awareness.
- Marketing skills.
- genuine commitment to farming.
- IT skills.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Agricultural Engineering, Crop Management, Farm Business Management, Horticulture, Land/Estate Management.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Vanden Agro-Allied GroupSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at a Newly Established Poutry Farm
- Logistics Vacancy at Saro Agro Sciences Limited
- Accounting Job Vacancy at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Engineering Vacancy at Saro Lifecare Limted
- Agronomist at Value Seeds Limited
- Regional Sales Manager - North East at Olam Nigeria Limted - KPMG Nigeria