Graduate Trainee Vacancy at Vanden Agro-Allied Group
Posted on: 22 September, 2016
Deadline: 31 October, 2016
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View Jobs posted same day
Vanden Agro-Allied Group, is a company established in 2000, active in the trading of raw materials (cotton, coffee and cocoa). The company is managed by a team of experienced and highly skilled professionals in agricultural farming.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
- Farm managers are responsible for planning, organizing and managing the activities of a farm
- Planning finances and production to maintain farm progress against
- Budget parameters.
- Practical activities, e.g. driving tractors, operating machinery,
- Feeding livestock, spraying fields, etc.
- Marketing the farm's products.
- Buying supplies, such as fertilizer and seeds.
- Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment.
- Planning activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring them.
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of yield, whether livestock or crops.
- Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans.
- Making sure products are ready for deadlines, such as auctions and markets.
- Applying health and safety standards across the farm estate.
- Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity.
- Keeping financial records up to date.
- Knowledge of food production.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Supervisory skills and management ability.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- Larger-scale business awareness.
- Marketing skills.
- genuine commitment to farming.
- IT skills.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Agricultural Engineering, Crop Management, Farm Business Management, Horticulture, Land/Estate Management.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Corporate Brand Officer at Saro Africa International
- Farm Finance and Admin Officer at Farm 360
- Financial Controller- Farms at a Leading Agribusiness Company - ManpowerGroup Middle East
- Poultry Manager at Efugo Farms
- Engineering Vacancies at Saro Lifecare
- Job Vacancies at Welcome2Africa International
- Latest Job Openings at Tomato Jos
- Field Sales Representative – Animal Nutrition and Health Care Solutions at AMO Group