Why Choose IntraHealth
Would you like to be a part of purposeful work that saves lives?
For 35 years, in 100 countries, IntraHealth International has empowered health workers to better serve communities in need. IntraHealth fosters local solutions to health care challenges by improving health worker performance, strengthening health systems, harnessing technology, and leveraging partnerships.
As a global champion for health workers, IntraHealth International advocates for the role of the health worker as critical in saving lives and helping the world to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. We partner with governments, NGOs, the private sector, and other organizations to foster policies that empower health workers to better serve communities in need.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Health Workforce Technologist is responsible for developing new modules and customizing implementations for the suite of iHRIS software products and increasing the in-country capacity to maintain and customize these systems through mentorship and formal training. The position will support multiple programs globally and across multiple countries. The position will be expected to train and mentor local developers and implementers based in multiple countries in customizing and managing the software. This position requires a high level of expertise and experience in Open Source technologies. The Health Workforce Technologist will work with a considerable degree of independence and exercise professional judgment. S/He will report to the Senior Systems Developer based in the US.
- Build capacity of country based local developers and government stakeholders working on IntraHealth-led software products, particularly the iHRIS, mHero and health worker registry platforms of open source health workforce information software, including local development teams.
- Respond to questions and requests for support on software implementations coming directly to the developer from assigned IntraHealth projects as well as through the iHRIS mailing lists, the online global community, and websites such as Google Groups, and Launchpad Answers.
- Collaborate with other members of the global development team to solve problems and address software issues as needed.
- Improve the iHRIS software suite by maintaining regular releases of iHRIS and mHero software, contribute new code, add new features to the software; support country level upgrades.
- Ensure that all specified IT standards and other identified requirements are met in project development.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, and 6 years of experience, or Master’s Degree and 4 years’ experience
- Demonstrated experience in the deployment of the open source iHRIS software
- Computer literacy in LAMP Architecture and open-source tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel in Africa or other regions as needed up to 30% time
- Ability to prioritize task assignments and use resources effectively and efficiently
- Innovation- Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of IntraHealthu0027s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability- Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealthu0027s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence- Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Strategic Thinking- Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
- Client Relationship Management- Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs (internally and externally) and maintain partnering and productive relationships during engagements, including influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, and managing new relationships.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written)- Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to IntraHealth International career website on recruiting.ultipro.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale