Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Comply with all Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) rules and regulations at all times. (e.g.10 critical safety rules and three obligations).
Perform appropriate testing and verifications using set standards to identify product quality defects and highlight if operator controls are functioning effectively.
In the area of work, maintain world class levels of housekeeping according to the 5’s housekeeping standards.
- Communicate with outgoing counterpart.
- Perform routine inspections of products in the area of responsibility (based on a communicated schedule) to verify that operator self controls are functioning.
- Perform specialist low frequency testing of products.
- Perform appropriate tests to highlight raw material defects for follow-up and action by operations team members.
- On-the-floor verification of NCR’s raised by operations .
- Communicate defects to operating crews AND Quality technicians so that corrective action can be taken.
- Ensure that shift teams hold defective production and keep record thereof.
- Check centrelining activities and report non conformances.
- Minimum Grade 12 (preferably with Mathematics) and must be computer literate.
- A minimum of 1 Year of experience, preferably in the FMCG environment would be a significant advantage. Basic knowledge of laboratory and testing equipment.
The Operations Administrator is key to accurate material stocks and consumption at the mill shop floor and in the SAP R/3 system. The main purpose is to ensure that system stocks of materials and finishing supplies are fully aligned to physical stocks in the mill.
- Declares production in a timely manor based on information provided from operations (every 2hrs Dammam / every 8hrs Bahrain).
- Reviews backlushing error report (COGI) daily and solves errors in report (in collaboration with planning / operations /
- Does frequent material stock counts at shop floor and adjusts system stocks to match actual stocks.
- Reviews & analyses count differences and shares outcomes with Mill planning and operations to drive data & BOM
- Enters machine hours provided by Operations into SAP R/3 once a week (once a day).
- Calls of raw materials and finishing supplies form from Warehouse (Lagos DC) via STO in SAP to (Lagos Diaper Plant).
- Returns materials back to the warehouse via an STO in SAP from Diaper plant.
- Declare finished products in a timely manor, check and solve backflushing errors and analyse system consumption vs actual consumption (via regular stock counts) to track BOM in-accuracies and to drive accurate product costing.
- As part of capturing actual production volumes and material consumption the Operation Administrator also has to enter machine hours into SAP provided by Operations.
- The Operations Administrator also has to ensure that materials required for production are called off from the warehouse in a time for production via STO in R/3 (production plant).
- Experience in Warehousing / Materials handling & Management.
- Computer skills (MS Office package essential).
- Basic SAP knowledge.
- Perform as part of the shift team to ensure that safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping are maintained to the required standards in an environment of continual improvement.
- Complies with all safety rules, procedures and works instructions.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping and hygiene in the department and follow 5S Housekeeping principles.
- Checks that packaging materials that enter his/her sector correspond with the requirements of the product being manufactured and return packaging materials not in use after a change of grade and/or product.
- Operate the Bagger sector of the diaper machine at target speeds to achieve rate of operation targets.
- Loads packaging materials into the bagger and shrink-wrapping machines.
- Controls the production process in his/her sector and correct the components phases to ensure product is produced within specification.
- Capture data regarding machine waste and delay and communicates this to the MOP for documentation and to effectively use this information for analysis and decision making on preventative actions.
- Perform modular process health checks in-line with under lining guidelines.
- Acts as cover for any other operator when required.
- Control material usage to minimise waste and material cost.
- Knows and actively participate in all work and repairs which are carried out in his/her sector by the support teams.
- Reports and informs team leaders of the maintenance and improvement required of his sector.
- Knows the values of the main performance indicators (MDH, Waste, Delay, Ti, Ci, ppm) of the machine to which assigned.
- During shift changes, communicates to the incoming operator all new occurrences, repairs, process changes and materials issues.
- National Diploma or equivalent qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 1 years experience on high-speed production equipment.
- Prior high-speed production machine maintenance or operating experience, especially on Diaper machines will be advantageous.
- Computer Literate.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.