For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
After providing emergency aid, our humanitarian teams accompany the most vulnerable families and communities until they recover their livelihoods and self-sufficiency, to enable them to deal with the challenges of an uncertain future with dignity.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is particularly committed to fighting water-related diseases, the primary cause of death in the world today. Drawing on their expertise, our teams develop and carry out aid programs in the fields of water, sanitation and hygiene, as well as in the essential domains of food security and reconstruction.
- The HoM assists the HoM in his/her representation, program coordination, strategy preparation and programming for Solidarités International in his/her intervention zone and security and humanitarian monitoring.
- These tasks entail strict confidentiality on the part of the Assistant HoM. It is strictly prohibited for the HoM Assistant to disclose information concerning Solidarités International and its activities without prior authorization from the HoM.
- In addition, the HoM Assistant participates in the specification of security measures to be undertaken at the base level in collaboration with the HoM, as well as their post-validation circulation
LIST OF MAIN TASKS:
- In charge of communications with field bases regarding security issues;
- Establish and maintain informal relations and a network of contacts permitting the collection of information, and the monitoring and analysis of the political, security and geo-political contexts in the countries and areas of intervention;
- Support the HoM in Managing security crisis according to contingency plans
- Attend Security meetings and report them to HoM
- Conduct security assessment of Solidarités International premises, working areas and new areas;
- Implement protection and proposes security rules for Solidarités international offices, houses, stocks, vehicles and staffs according the needs and assessed risks;
- Updates security pack including: security plan (mission and base), evacuation plan, risk analyses and security phases documents;
- Enforces and has the security measures applied by all staffs
- Participates in the security and contextual briefing of new arrivals at the missions;
- Promotes Solidarités International charter Ethical code;
- Facilitate the proper circulation of security information on the mission;
- Update on a regular basis the constant companion document
- Write the indent report document when necessary
- Write Security Internal Security Follow-up
- Under delegation of the HoM, represents Solidarités International during humanitarian and security coordination meetings
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s message is conveyed during meetings in accordance with its mandate and programs
- Regularly visit Solidarités International’s intervention sites
- Communicate between the local and/or international NGOs in accordance with the partitioning of contacts decided with the HoM
- Under delegation of the HoM, attend meetings under his/her direct responsibility
- Participate in the drafting of Solidarités International’s intervention strategy in the zone
- Supports the HoM in monitoring the humanitarian
- Draft minutes for the HoM for each meeting he/she attends
- Draft the weekly situation report for the context/security section and communicates it to the HoM
- Draft the minutes for base meetings
- Present the security context at the beginning of all weekly base meeting
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Head of Mission
Functional manager: Head of Mission
- MA in Humanitarian Project Management and/or Political Science
- Expertise on humanitarian access management
- Languages: English, Haussa, Kanuri desirable
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook
- Professional experience: 4 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Representation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Anticipation, decision taking and initiative capacities
- Great work capacity and stress management
- Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Cvs to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.