Executive Position in a Leading British International School
Posted on: 25 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View Jobs posted same day
A leading British International School located in Abuja, is currently seeking to employ a School Principal in Abuja.
- Formulating overall aims and objectives for the school and policies for their implementation.
- Meeting with other educational professionals, and representing the school at conferences and other events outside the school in local community and nationwide.
- Motivating, training and disciplining staff
- Ensuring the motivation of the pupils
- Ensuring an infrastructure is in place in which all members of staff and pupils feel they can register their opinion on serious matters and have a route via which they can communicate problems to senior members of staff.
- Managing facilities (e.g., classrooms) effectively to meet the needs of the curriculum and health and safety requirements.
- To act as the academic leader of the School, responsible for its day-to-day operation: scheduling of students, overseeing of the academic advising and counselling programs; monitoring student academic progress; address student academic emergencies; coordinating the efforts of department heads and the academic affairs committee, etc
- To oversee the coordination of the co-curricular and extra-curricular activity programs of the school; to assist in the planning and the presentation of school assemblies and programs; to assist in maintaining a comprehensive calendar of school events; to keep the entire school community informed of various school programs and activities.
- To observe, supervise and help evaluate the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum; to supervise the teaching process, and to review and evaluate the academic programs
- To make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding hiring and retention, and the assignment of facult
- High expectations for pastoral care as well as extracurricular development
- To provide necessary vision and personal drive to develop the school, to implement new initiatives and to improve educational standards
Requirements Qualifications Required
- Master's degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Certification in Educational Leadership, or Administration and Supervision.
- Minimum of five (8) years classroom teaching experience and three (5) years administrative experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Skill to work with people in an effective manner.
- Knowledge of scheduling and supervision.
- Good Analytical and presentation skills
- Reports and presentation articulation
- Guidance and Counselling
- Good command of oral English language skills and writing ability
- Leadership skills
Elocution and Phonics Teacher:
- To teach Phonics and Elocution for Year one to Year six (United Kingdom English) .
Following attributes are essential:
- Presenting high quality, systematic, synthetic phonic work as the prime approach to decoding print, i.e. A Phonics first and fast approach.
- Enable children to learn phonic knowledge and skills using a systematic, synthetic programme (use of Language laboratory) by the age of 5 with an expectation that they will be fluent readers having secured word recognition skills by year one.
- Take daily sessions on phonics progressing from simple to more complex phonic knowledge and skills and covering the major Grapheme/phoneme correspondences.
- Assess children’s progress in Phonics and Elocution.
- Uses multi-sensory approach so that the children learn variously from simultaneous visual, auditory and kinaesthetic activities which are designed to secure essential phonic knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrate that phonemes should be blended and words can be segmented into their constituent phenomes for spelling and reverse blending of phonemes to read words.
- Ensure that children apply phonic knowledge as their first approach to reading and spelling. Children are taught high frequency words that do not confirm to Grapheme/phoneme corresponding rules. Children learns irregular words.
- Has the ability to plan progression of phonics teaching to from year one to Year six and know how to conduct examination, utilize elocution based software programme.
- Personal Trait: Passion in teaching phonics and elocution so that pupils speak correctly and confidently while reading, delivering speeches and contesting in debate competitions.
- Educational Qualification: A teaching certificate in phonics from a reputed institute. Minimum experience: 5 years, skill in using Language Laboratory.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Massive Academic Staff Recruitment at Crown-Hill University (90 Positions)
- Massive Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at Crown-Hill University (30 Positions)
- Job Openings at Westside Academy
- Registrar at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Diction Tutor at a Leading Private School - Bradfield Consulting
- Librarian at the Fati Lami Abubakar Institute for Legal and Administrative Studies
- Fresh Job Recruitment at The Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM)
- Head Teacher at a Day-care/ Nursery School - Excel and Grace Consulting