Latest Engineering Job at Tetra Pak
Posted on: 24 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Tetra Pak
Conventional milk cartons are an unbreakable improvement over glass milk bottles, but the introduction of the Tetra Pak aseptic beverage container in the late 1950's was revolutionary for the food and beverage industries. Tetra Pak -- which takes its name from the original tetrahedron-shaped cartons it developed -- manufactures and markets food packaging containers, filling systems, and distribution equipment for industrial customers in more than 170 countries. Its coated-paperboard boxes are used to hold dry, wet, cold, and shelf-stable foods and beverages. The privately-owned company is the largest subsidiary of holding company Tetra Laval International.
Overview of the Position:
- The process engineer will be responsible for engineering in pre-projects (quotations) and projects (Processing or integrated with packaging) in the cluster.
- He/she will be working closely in projects with the customer, sales, engineering, technical service & sales and business units to understand customer needs, provide functional engineering solutions, detailing technical specifications, value based quotations to customers, preparation and execution of detailed project plans in the Dairy, Beverage, Cheese, Ice Cream & Prepared Food industries
- OFCE (Order fulfilment capital equipment)
- Engineering design - Integrate units and modules to create a line solution. Take a pre-project design and turn into an engineering solution within the cost, quality and time constraints.
- Installation and Commissioning - Work independent with installation and commissioning activities.
- Impact - Within market area on small to medium size projects(L0 -L2)
- Lead yourself
- Practice Project Governance
- Operational Performance
- Service - Deliver projects in accordance with project quality checklist.
- Troubleshooting - Analyse, troubleshoot and resolve malfunctions and breakdowns during project phase. Participate in root cause analysis of problems to ensure permanent resolution. Feedback to Issue Resolution (IR). Claims handling and Technical Support.
- Operational Efficiency - Following TP engineering standards and guidelines. Use Processing Engineering Concepts and Design Elements where applicable, prepare flow charts, layout, production time schedule, technical description, value calculations and quotations for plants based on functional solutions & machinery layout drawings.
- Customer Relationship - Participates in technical discussions with customers and suppliers. Support and train customer's operators as well as maintenance personal. Act as an ambassador for Tetra Pak.
- Customer Management - Understand, create, convey & deliver (UCCD) - Support the project with technical solutions
- Manage customer expectations by understanding needs; provide solutions balancing value and cost.
- Products - Are aware of existing Tetra Pak portfolio, proactively looking for business opportunities which will be shared within the organisation.
- Networking - Build, maintain and develop a personal network with customer staff and colleagues in Tetra Pak.
- Administration and Reports - Write site logs and maintain time sheets. Document meetings and reviews according to existing procedures for Tetra Pak
- Documentation - Proactively look for, read and understand project documentation. Create Technical documentation and participate in development of the functional design documents. Share information and knowledge with colleagues.
- People Development
- Training and Coaching - Acquire and develop skills and technical knowledge in relation to competence profile.
- Organize and coordinate site activities
- Quality and Safety - To work in accordance with all safety regulations & requirements. Understand and address all appropriate food safety, quality assurance and regulatory issues through basic understanding of plant operations, escalating issues where appropriate and necessary.
- B.Sc. or Btech Degree in Engineering
- Technical background
- English language proficiency
- 2-3 years proven ability in process engineering
- Expert in Microsoft project, AutoCAD and MS Office
- Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage
- Valid Drivers License
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Tetra Pak career website on tetrapak.taleo.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Tetra PakSimilar Jobs
- Intern (Fresh Graduates) at Hayat Holding
- Junior Account Manager at Dow Chemical Company
- Fleet Manager at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Job Opportunities at BMDirect
- 2018 British American Tobacco Nigeria Global Graduate Recruitment Programme
- Job Opportunities at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Fitter - Welder at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Generator Technicians at GZ Industries