Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Limited is a vibrant and innovative company committed to the goal of developing human capital in organisations for exceptional business results.
We build organisations to achieve optimum performance by developing their human capacity to peak productivity levels
We are committed to excellence, service & integrity.
Job Title: Bakery/Chef
Reports to: The Executive Chef
Responsible for assisting in the strategic development of the unit in the areas of sales, costs, quality and people basics and managing the day to day operations of the kitchen. The Chef is also responsible for creating desserts, pastries and the associated items.
- Create and prepare dessert menu items as approved by the Executive Chef.
- Create desserts in line with the menu items.
- Prepares dessert items before the seating for a meal begins, and arrange items as requested during the meal.
- Responsible for designing dessert wines, cocktails, and other dessert beverages.
- Ensure food and supplies for dessert menu items are promptly ordered.
- Approve orders for food or supply items necessary for running the kitchen.
- Preparing and submit a budget.
- Determine the items required in the kitchen and submit the budget.
- Supervise and train other chefs in the pastry kitchen.
- Supervise the kitchen staff in providing appropriate assistance in the preparation of dessert items.
- Ensure they are trained on pastry techniques.
- Prepare baked goods like fresh loaves of bread in addition to desserts and pastries.
- Research and develop recipes.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Ensure continuous learning of new recipes and test them in the kitchen to keep the menu up to date and interesting to attract customers.
- Ensure dessert menu items are visually appealing and attractive to stimulate order and encourage patronage.
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Prepare a wide variety of pastries such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking and baking
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Bake, fry, braise, boil, simmer, steam and sauté as prescribed by Army recipes
- Operate, maintain and clean field kitchen equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on garrison and field kitchen equipment
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Qualification, Minimum Experience and Role Requirement:
- Minimum of B.Sc
- Minimum of 5 years culinary experience
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, Baker or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
- Certificate in Food handling techniques is important
- Health and Safety certification is required
- Good human relation to interact with clients and team members
- Must be service oriented
- Have good supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good temperament
- Computer skills (Especially Microsoft Excel for budget purpose).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on www.bullhornreach.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.