Job Vacancy in a Media House
Posted on: 4 August, 2016
Deadline: 24 August, 2016
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View Jobs posted same day
A media company in Lagos requires the position of a Scheduler for a full time position.
This is a key member of the Commercial Team. He will also work closely with the Programmes and Finance Departments. This role will have an overview across scheduling and presentation workflows, delivering creative scheduling and presentation strategies, and ensuring all key day-to-day processes are managed effectively.
- Coordinating adverts, programmes, compliance, traffic and scheduling for our platforms
- Reconciliation of Client’s accounts on all our stations from Agencies, Independent Producers and Direct Clients.
- Generate Certificate of Broadcast (COB) for media agencies, independent producers and direct clients
- Check supporting documentation for independent programmes and advertising campaigns.
- Create, Co-ordinate and manage daily advert and programme schedules with full inventory of advertising & channel branding, in accordance with NBC Code/APCON and OFCOM regulations
- Generating daily, weekly, monthly or other periodic reports as required by Business Development Manager, Senior Marketing & Sales Manager or Commercial Director
- Ensure smooth planning and delivery of all broadcast material ahead of deadline
- View broadcast material to ensure all material comply with material duration and quality as well as, NBC Code/APCON and OFCOM regulations
- Communicate with Broadcast Operations (MCR, PCR, Ingest, Playout etc), Compliance and Traffic teams to ensure broadcast material is processed and scheduled correctly
- Liaise with the Sales team to ensure commercial opportunities are maximized, scheduled accurately, processed correctly and ahead of deadline
- Management, training, monitoring and performance of the Scheduling Assistant
- Production of Television and Radio adverts and programmes schedules via the Airwatch, Jazzler, BATS and Channel Pro system
- Production of radio adverts and programmes schedule via the Jazzler Automation System
- Vetting of all multi-media materials before exposure
- Generating database log to produce compliance reports to any non-compliance issue for both radio and television respectively
- Computer literacy & numeracy (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc.)
- TV scheduling experience
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and work flexibly and adapt to changing circumstances
- Effective time management and organizational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Strong writing skills
- Resilience and ability to sustain performance under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities.
- Understanding of other aspects of the TV and Radio business and the general media environment
- Knowledge of NBC Code, APCON and OFCOM compliance regulations
- Familiarity with relevant scheduling software and systems (i.e. BATS, Airwatch and Jazzler)
- Production and co-ordination of the news channels programmes through Broadcast Airtime Scheduler (BATS)
- First degree in Social Sciences, Marketing or its equivalent
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Editors at Aquila Sports
- 2017 Daily Trust Newspaper Fresh Graduate Interns Recruitment
- BBC World Service Recruitment for Operations Manager
- Production Officer at TAF & Associates (Operators of Planet Radio 101.1FM)
- Executive Assistant to the MD at DM Holdings (DMH)
- Business Development Officers at Kraks Media
- Latest Recruitment at The BBC
- Career Opportunities at The BBC