New Job Opportunity at Mercy Corps
Posted on: 1 August, 2016
Deadline: 10 August, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is an international development organization that helps people around the world survive and thrive during crisis and natural disaster. Mercy Corps seek to engage interested and qualified candidate for the position of MEL Assistant to work with ENGINE project. The MEL Assistant will work with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) unit and provide support for all aspects of monitoring, evaluation, data management and research.
- The Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) program seeks to improve the lives of marginalised adolescent girls aged 16-19 in Nigeria.
- The project which is funded through a grant to the Coca-Cola Company as part of the UK Department for International Development’s Girls’ Education Challenge (GEC) is being implemented in Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, and the FCT.
- About 18,000 adolescent girls who are either enrolled in school or are currently out of school are the target beneficiary of the program.
- The ENGINE program is being implemented by a consortium which includes Mercy Corps, Preston Health Care Consulting and the Nike Foundation.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage ENGINE data management platforms (SPSS, CSpro, Excel)
- Perform data analysis and present monthly report based on project indicators
- Conduct collation and entry of data from ENGINE data collection tool including but not limited to; post-test questionnaire, Matching Interest to Work (MiW), Attendance summary, academic curricular pretest score and School performance record
- Perform regular update of ENGINE data management platforms
- Coordinate data entry clerks
- Support development of monthly M&E report, factsheet
- Perform any other assignment as required by the supervisor
- Reports directly to ENGINE MEL Officer (100%)
Works Directly With:
- MEL team, Programs unit, I&E team
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, information management, or relevant field, with a strong foundation in database management
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience in the area of qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies, database management and report writing
- Knowledge of program development, implementation, evaluation, and reporting
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Hausa required.
- The successful MEL Assistant will have the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work under tight deadlines within a complex team.
- S/he will demonstrate strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills and be committed to the values and mission of Mercy Corps.
- S/he will take initiative and contribute to team efforts, as well as demonstrate ability to communicate.
- This position will be based in Abuja with up to 25% travel primarily to locations within Northern States where security is at times high-risk.
- Security in Abuja is generally good. Housing, health care, water, electricity and consumer goods are all reasonably accessible and there are good international and domestic travel options from Abuja Airport.
- Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps' policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs to: email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject of the email
Note: shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Mercy CorpsSimilar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International