Consultant Opportunity at Control Risks
Posted on: 29 July, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Control Risks
Control Risks is a global risk consultancy specialising in helping organisations manage political, integrity and security risks in complex and hostile environments.
We are a medium sized, rapidly growing company. Since our inception in 1975, we have worked with more than 5,000 clients in over 135 countries worldwide. Our renowned expertise, the breadth of our services and the geographical reach of our organisation enables us to help our clients meet their challenges and realise new business opportunities across the world.
- This is a client facing role and you will work within an experienced team, delivering solutions to senior company executives.
- As a consultant in our team, you will work with colleagues who are passionate about African business and politics and who are curious and informed about the governance challenges faced by businesses in West Africa.
- Our consultants are rigorous, self-driven and collegial. They have a background in law, business consulting, business administration, finance, journalism, among others. The diversity of our consultants makes our strength: we welcome candidates who can demonstrate a high level of maturity and professionalism.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- With guidance from your line manager and senior project managers, the Consultant will be responsible for the following:
Investigative case work:
- Act as case manager and service multiple assignments of reasonable complexity
- Prepare, scope and price standard proposals
- Work on more complex or multi-jurisdictional tasks with support
- Investigate, use outside resources and prepare reports
- Prepare and present elements in a larger investigation Have client contact on particular assignments where acting as case manager
- Provide editing and quality control on compliance, regulatory and other public records based projects
- Manage the full administration of cases, including mastering relevant internal systems and providing guidance to administrative staff
Business and practice development:
- Contribute to marketing and profile raising events, potentially through presentations.
- Active participation in client meetings.
- Begin to develop longer-term client relationships.
- Seek opportunities to support broader regional and cross-practice project development and improve our approach to delivery.
- Mentor and train junior colleagues.
- Manage junior colleagues on cases.
- Provide feedback to junior colleagues on their performance on cases to support their development
Level and Qualifications
- Education to Degree or graduate Degree level
- 4-6 years’ demonstrated professional experience
- Right to work in Nigeria
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese beneficial
- Experience of operating within a commercial environment
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to summarise large amounts of information in a concise manner and communicate effectively for colleagues and clients
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of key issues and business trends in the region.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send applications to CFI.Recruitment@controlrisks.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Control RisksSimilar Jobs
- Retail Facility Engineer at Workforce Group
- Office Manager at Platinum Careers
- Director of Project at Bradfield Consulting
- Technical Consultant at 25th and Staffing
- Fresh Vacancies at PG Consulting Limited
- Lead Environmental Consultant at Stresert Services Limited
- Graduate Associates at Deloitte Nigeria
- Accounting Officer at Beacongate Limited