xPlug Technologies Limited is an internet generation company based in Lagos (Nigeria) with major inclination in Software Development, Web Portal Technology and Application Development on Web, Mobile and Desktop platforms. We provide both customized and Off-shelf software to aid business operations and managements. We have developed an examination preparatory application for students intending to sit for basic school and pre-varsity examinations and need skilled marketers to market the product.
We are currently recruiting trainee software developers into our Developer Trainee Programme (DTP). Basically, the DTP is designed to strategically groom and mentor startup software developers from trainee level to professional level.
THIS PROGRAMME IS STRICTLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE MADE CAREER DECISION TO BECOME SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS.
If you are energetic, smart, proactive, go-getter and a team player with real passion for software development and software engineering plus the ability to grow skills under the tutelage of experts; why not add skills to your passion and make your dream come true by taking a start-up career at xPlug Technologies Limited immediately?
B.Sc / HND (Engineering / Physical Sciences only)
Minimum of 2-2 / Upper Credit
Degree / Higher National Diploma (HND) in engineering or physical science is required as the basic entry requirement. Applicants with at least PGD in engineering / sciences may also be considered.
- Basic Programming knowledge is required (Either in C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net or PHP with MS SQL or MySQL preferably)
- A passion for IT
- Ability to learn new skills fast
- Must be very “Tech-Savvy” and know a little bit about anything IT
- Must have basic knowledge of Adobe Suite including Dreamweaver, Firework or other web development tools
- Previous Web Development Experience using HTML ( & PHP ) is a big advantage
- Previous knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio, NetBean IDE, etc would be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of Design tools (Fireworks, Photoshop, CorelDraw, etc) or Adobe Flash would be an added advantage
- Previous “amateur” development or related IT project to showcase at the interview is an added advantage
Job Process Stages
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- First Oral Interview
- Curent Skill Assessment Test (CSAT) - Practical-based Test
- Final Oral Interview
- Pre Employment Training (3 Months)
- Application Starts: 15th July, 2016
- Application Closes: 15th August, 2016
- Only Online Applications would be processed
go to method of application »
- Basically, Software designs, developments and analysis.
- Work in teams to develop web applications, windows application, mobile applications, etc using tools like HTML, C#, ASP.Net, PHP, MS SQL, MYSQL, etc.
- Provide last level support on ICT issues including desktop maintenance, troubleshooting on various IT service infrastructure management and basic software troubleshooting, etc..
- To research, learn and use technology including Open source solutions, online communities, etc.
- To work with the development team on various mobile application products. And much more
- B.Sc / HND (Engineering / Physical Sciences only)
- Minimum of 2-2 / Upper Credit
- Degree / Higher National Diploma (HND) in engineering or physical science is required as the basic entry requirement.
- Applicants with at least PGD in engineering / sciences may also be considered.
- 3 years+ Software Development experience in reputable software firms
- Must be a Database Design Expert on Postgres SQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle 9i+, MySQL, etc.
- Must be vast and advanced in database modeling, performance tunning, database migration processes across various platforms
- Excellent Database Programming Skills using T-SQL, PL- SQL, PG-SQL, etc.
- MS Visual Studio 2013+, NetBean 8.0.2+, Adobe Creative Suite 6+, MySQL Workbench, Notepad++, PHPAdmin, pgAdmin III, etc.
- Agile Software Development, Waterfall Development Model, etc.
- HTML 5, CSS 3, Fireworks, Photoshop, Flash, etc.
- Must have taken part in the development of at least 5 standard and active software projects
Method of Application
To apply visit xPlug Career Page
NOTE: Only online applications will be processed
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.