IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain - colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Reports To: Senior Finance Manager - Tax/Regulatory& Benefits
- The Tax Analyst will assist in the coordination of remittance of monthly VAT, WHT and PAYE as at the time stipulated by law and proactively assist in ensuring that accurate tax payments and filings are done as at when due from end to end.
- Preparing month-end reports with respect to tax and other regulatory matters.
- Preparation of periodic corporation tax estimates for management reporting
- Assist in the coordination of remittance of monthly VAT, WHT and PAYE as at the time stipulated by law.
- Proactively assist in ensuring that accurate tax payments and filings are done as at when due from end to end.
- Ownership of the relevant ledgers as it relates to tax and regulatory as well as providing relevant schedules required for the preparation of monthly management report.
- Assist in proffering strategies to curb tax leakages and ensure efficient tax solution to operational services level delivery to vendors and customers
- Assist in coordinating and providing prompt support in the legitimate requirements of tax officials during tax audit and tax investigation exercises.
- Coordinate and properly manage tax documents, provide responses to Tax Authorities and other regulatory bodies on correspondences.
- Provide support on all statutory audits, tax investigation and due diligence exercise.
- Provide timely advice and assistance to colleagues on tax matters.
- Any other assignment as may be required by the Manager and the Senior Manager from time to time.
- Degree or its equivalent qualification in Finance/Business Management field - ICAN/CITN membership(Candidate with CITN membership by examinations or progress in CITN examinations would be an added advantage)
- Minimum of 3-4 years strong general taxation/regulatory handling experience.
- A good hands on of the telecom industry tax.
- Understanding of Nigerian tax environment.
- Strong MS Excel and intermediate MS word skills
- Ability to analyze data effectively
- Excellent attention to detail and numeric capability
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- The ideal candidate must be honest and be prepared to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational commitment & accountability
- Analytical thinking / Problem solving
go to method of application »
Reports To: Finance Director
The individual will manage the entire revenue management & assurance activities.
- Liaise with other functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of development, and to ensure they are fully informed of objectives, purposes and achievements
- Ensure execution and follow up of sales coordination process in a customer friendly way
- Develop SLA agreements between revenue assurance department and other departments.
- Brief and report upper management about revenue and business processes related issues and challenges.
- Conduct frequent field and sights visits to direct assessment of the tenancy.
- Attend senior management meetings.
- Ensure the efficiency of all used applications like NAV, Intego and other applications or any tool related to revenue assurance
- Contribute to the achievement of the strategic objectives of the sector through performing own responsibilities and coordinating direct reports performance.
- Set the section’s goals and objectives and ensure the cascading of such to the direct reports’ individual goals
- Apply individual items of sector’s policies, procedures and processes and ensure adherence and implementation.
- Ensure the ongoing development of the section’s employees, and guide the activities of direct reports
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- (Practical) experience and knowledge of Towers Infrastructure and Tenancy arrangements, alternatively general practical experience in communications industry
- General understanding of TowerCo business and technical knowledge
- Practical experience of processes documentation and SLAs
- Demonstrate the processes mapping techniques and skills
- Presentation skills, and hand on experience on MS Office tools
- Sound knowledge of internal control environment & internal control framework (COSO)
- Master’s in Business Management or Finance, CPA, ACCA
- Qualification in Revenue Assurance preferred
- International experience and best practice preferred
- Contract management qualification preferred
- A minimum of Eight (8) years of experience in Revenue Assurance or a related field with at least Three (3) years in a manager role (note, RA is the main challenge, so someone coming from a billing/collection background without RA experience will be dismissed).
- Alternatively very senior manager function in a related field might be considered.
- Absolutely fluent in English and solid in regards to presentations to Senior and Executive Management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.