The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels. The Institute's mission is to be Center of Excellence in providing health service implementation, capacity building, and research, and ensuring equitable access to individuals and communities through innovative and evidence-based strategies.
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Finance Officer
- The Finance Assistant (Global Funds) will assist in the Institute Global Funds payable and receivable functions such as, preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, journal vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, and entering financial records in the organization’s accounting software.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Manager, S/he will provide direct support to the Global Fund team and operations on the general management of all the Global Funds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining financial records in the organization’s accounting software
- Administration of payments (Preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, etc.)
- Maintenance of cash books
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Preparation and capturing of monthly journal vouchers for the reports of Sub Recipients and other implementing partners
- Custody of cheques books, vouchers/support documents and transfer instructions to bank(s)
- Proper filling (& custodian) of retirements and support documents of treatment centres & laboratories and other implementing partners on a monthly basis
- Remittance of WHT on monthly basis
- Possession of a B.Sc in Accountancy or any of the Social Sciences or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy.
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification hands-on experience in an International NGO or Grants operational environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicants should be able to work with little or no supervision and under pressure;
- Good working knowledge of Sage 300 ERP;
- Analytical mind and fluency in written and oral communication;
- Ability to relate with subordinates, colleagues and superiors
- Should also be prepared for occasional traveling outside his base at Abuja
- Possess managerial and supervisory skills and should be able to multitask.
- Innovative with sound mind.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format, to the "Associate Director, Human Resources" through this email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Candidates should indicate appropriate position and preferred location in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.