Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical support to PEPFAR HIV/AIDS program and Research activities, USAID and World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in the management of personnel services.
- The role of the Internal Auditor is to provide objective assurance that HIFASS’s business risks are being managed appropriately and that the organization’s governance, risk management and internal control framework is operating effectively.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the Organization’s standard Operating Procedure
- Document processes for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and record keeping.
- Perform audit-specific risk assessment to verify that controls are in place and operating effectively
- Conduct and demonstrate initiative in follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during previous audits.
- Report on audit observations along with recommendations to improve policies, procedures, efficiency and controls
- Manage the follow-up process, including registering of all findings and recommendations arising from internal audits, maintaining appropriate databases or automated audit software to facilitate tracking and reporting of findings and recommendations.
- Anticipating emerging issues through research and interviews and deciding how best to deal with them especially with respect to donor rules and local law
- Identify 'red flags' that may indicate the existence or attempt of fraud
- Performing risk assessments on key company activities and using this information to guide what to cover in audits
- Validate the implementation of prior audit findings and monitoring of company-wide risk reporting.
- Assist in conducting sensitive and other special investigations as requested.
Minimum Education/Training Requirement:
- The Internal Auditor must meet the following qualifications: - BSc/HND in Accounting with relevant.
- Post-graduate and/or Professional Qualification will be an added advantage
Prior Work Experience:
- Over 3 years of relevant experience in NGO grant contract management and/or conducting and supervising internal audits.
- Candidate must be resident or ready to relocate to Abuja and should be able to resume within short notice. This position requires up to 40% travel.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have knowledge of OMB Circular A-122 “Cost Principles for Non-profit Organizations, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Part 31 “Contract Cost Principles and Procedures
- Familiar with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices and also has a demonstrated expertise in the use of audit software. Ability to resolve basic issues related to internal policies and procedures. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and work with all types of people proficiency in spreadsheet software required; Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal;
Method of Application
Applicants should send a Cover letter and CV's/Resume to "The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)" via e-mail in MS Word Doc format to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the position title as the subject of the mail
Note: Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.