Audit Vacancy at Human Capacity Development Consultants - HCDC
Posted on: 11 June, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC)
Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Limited is a vibrant and innovative company committed to the goal of developing human capital in organisations for exceptional business results. We build organisations to achieve optimum performance by developing their human capacity to peak productivity levels. We are committed to excellence, service & integrity.
Reporting Line: The Honorary Treasurer
The Internal Control and Compliance Manager is responsible for broad internal control activities including; development and training on policies and significant coordination with internal and external auditors. Work with the management team on overall compliance and corporate governance.
- Critically and continually review and assess risk & internal controls in Club processes using risk management & internal controls best practices.
- In conjunction with management, conduct, planned & ad-hoc risk & internal control assessments of all Clubs’ processes. Report on results, agree action plans, deadlines and responsibilities with department Heads and ensure full implementation of audit findings.
- Ongoing maintenance of the company's policies and procedures and regular communication of the policies and procedures to staff.
- Test & sign off new controls for Club operations processes prior to implementation as directed by Board/Management.
- Maintenance of the schedule of contracts and the schedule of guarantees.
- Investigate, report and implement corrective actions for all internal, external theft and fraud incidents
- Support on investigations highlighted from the Club’ Operation team relating to missing stock/shrinkage issues identified, and ensure that Retail shrinkage is reported correctly and timely to Area.
- Be responsible for directing, coaching, advising and supporting Club in achieving statutory compliance.
- Work in close relation with management team to review, improve and harmonize processes and update policies and controls accordingly.
- Training, guidance and compliance testing on Health & Safety, Business Continuity within the Market
- Conduct internal controls & profit protection assessments of other subsidiaries within the area
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Performing analytical procedures on expected or unexpected variances in members’ account balances or classes of transactions
- Review operations to ascertain whether or not results are consistent with the established objectives or whether or not such programs are being carried out as planned.
- Researching and assessing how well risk management processes are working and recording the results using software such as Microsoft Word and Excel;
- providing ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels, sometimes by delivering courses and training sessions;
- performing risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what to cover in audits;
- anticipating emerging issues through research and interviews and deciding how best to deal with them;
- providing support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities;
- agreeing recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations and helping to secure backing for them in meetings;
- preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people;
Qualifications and Key Skills
- 5+ years of audit experience
- First degree in Accounting or Finance and professional membership with ICAN, CIA or ACA qualification is required.
- Experience in COSO implementation
- Experience of Risk management, Security and Audit
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, E-card Commerce Platform, Peachtree (SAGE) and other accounting software and databases.
- Internal investigations experience preferable
- Effective communication and team work skills
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgment
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply online on HCDC
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC)Similar Jobs
- Urgent Driving Vacancy at U-Connect Human Resources limited
- Tax Consultant at Ascension Consulting Services
- Project Manager at Doheney Services Ltd
- Jobs at a CA Global
- Job Vacancies at IL Bagno - Human Resources Specialist Limited
- Executive Assistant at Bradfield Consulting
- Sales Vacancies at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Job Opportunities at BP Business Solutions