Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a large multinational conglomerate to recruit an Expatriate Chief Executive Officer for its Oilfield and engineering services in Nigeria.
Our client is a large conglomerate with business interests ranging from engineering services to FMCG and healthcare products.
The scope of the job will be:
- Profitably growing Group in new business segment in the Nigerian oilfield Services industry (especially IMR, EPC contracts) and in its existing segments of oilfield chemicals, hardware and subsea IMR
- Building a competent, cost effective, efficient and results oriented organization.
- Exercising full accountability for managing Business Development, Sales & Marketing, Operations, as well as Group’s global partnerships and joint ventures.
- Reporting into the Group Managing Director and Deputy Group Managing Director.
- Providing overall strategic and operational leadership to Group’s management team.
- Developing a vision and long-term strategy in conjunction with the Group Executive Committee.
- Growing and developing Group’s management team, setting performance standards, coaching and training.
- Ensuring that Group’s financial performance, revenue growth, and other critical success factors are able to meet set targets.
- Controlling all aspects of Group’s P&L across the different business units.
- Identifying and executing business development opportunities, especially the growth of Chemicals (local production of oilfield chemicals) and Hardware (local production and import of tools and equipment)
- Oilfield services (growing Group’s service offering in and beyond subsea IMR) and network that allows to early identify industry trends and business opportunities
- Managing relationships with Regulatory and public bodies such as NAPIMS and NIPEX, Existing and potential customers, Existing and potential international partners.
- Identifying potential partners, developing partnership agreements and executing the partnerships.
- Monitoring new developments and technology advancements in the industry.
- Supervising operations, importation of raw materials, storage facilities, logistics and distribution.
- Controlling product and service quality by implementing quality control and assurance procedures.
- Master of Business Administration combined with an Engineering Degree (in an area relevant for the oil & gas industry).
- Minimum 18 years of experience in the oil & gas industry, thereof minimum 5 in managerial roles in leading international companies.
- Previous work experience in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of the oilfield services industry in emerging markets and network that allows to early identify industry trends and business opportunities
- Extensive experience in managing all important aspects across Sales & Marketing, Business Development, Operations and HR & Administration.
- Proven leadership skills, having successfully managed significant business units.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills and written proficiency in English.
- Excellent command of the relevant IT tools/ programs and professional standards.
- Good leadership skills. Capable of leading a team including Sales Managers and Engineers.
Attractive expatriate package (+200,000USD), family status
Benefits: car, driver, house, cook, medical expenses, furnished accomodation
go to method of application »
The main objective of the Deputy Managing Director is to assist the Managing Director to ensure the smooth running of the Company and ensure the accomplishment of all company goals and objectives.
- Assist the Managing Director in the day-to-day running of the company
- Supervise the activities of the specific departments namely; Commercial (particularly in business development drive in sourcing for work for company, monitoring and preparation of proposals and projects costing to meet submission deadline), HR (particularly in human capacity development along company work structures) and HSES (safety in work environment and execution)
- Act in the stead of the Managing Director in absence of the MD
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director.
- Engineering graduate (Electrical/Instrumentation, Chemical, Mechanical/Piping, Structural);
- Minimum 18 years of oil and gas onshore and offshore facilities experience, of which12 years in the organisation and management of detailed design and engineering projects; with recent experience in a similar capacity as managing a major (offshore) project with responsibility for planning, coordinating and managing the design engineering portion of the project and interfacing with the Project Manager of the overall project management and directly responsible for all design activities within the project team.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Players regarding demands for design engineering of onshore and offshore facilities and contacts in this industry.
- Be familiar with the rates for doing engineering works amongst our competitors and how to build up and bench mark cost estimation data for the company.
- Be familiar with places used in building up capacity for our type of business.
Attractive package (+200,000 USD / year )
Method of Application
Use links below to apply on Adexen website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.