O'Spaces Nigeria Limited has delivered numerous public, industrial, commercial, and residential projects meeting the needs of our clients. We handle all phases of building construction from renovations to new construction, and are committed to excellent quality construction and timely delivery of projects within budget.
The primary assignment of the successful candidate will be to:
- Supervise the activities of the site engineers on the projects under his supervision.
- Ensure that all projects are managed and delivered on time following laid down procedures.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. or Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years post qualification experience and must have worked on site for a construction company for at least 5 years.
- Candidates must have supervised the construction of a minimum of one 10-storey building or two projects valued at 1Billion Naira each as a site engineer for a construction company.
- Must have the capacity to manage site engineers on more than one project simultaneously.
- Must thoroughly understand the intimate details of building construction.
In addition to the academic qualifications and experience required for the position, please ensure that the prospective candidate can:
- Use leveling instrument
- Set out buildings
- Align columns both horizontally and vertically
- Check plastering gauge and plastered walls to ensure they are plumb
- Check formwork alignment and bracing
- Interpret structural details
- Understand concrete work and do concrete trial mixes
- Check block work
- Resolve all issues that may arise during tiling - tile sizes, spacing, straightness, squaring etc.
- Interpret building services drawing Understand roof trusses, roof covering, felting and other roof related issues
- Resolve quality issues related to doors and windows - profile types, mitre, wood type etc
- Resolve conflict at the project site, manage suppliers and supervise subcontractors.
- Use planning software e.g. MS project, Design software e.g. AutoCAD etc
- Mobilize human resources like carpenters, masons, tillers etc to project site.
- Construct leak-proof underground water retaining structures e.g. tanks, swimming pools etc.
- Construct concrete roof, balconies, roof gutter etc. that are leak proof.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letter and CVs to email@example.com