Vacancy in a Logistics Service Provider Company - Hamilton Lloyd
Posted on: 18 May, 2016
Deadline: 27 May, 2016
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a leading Logistic Service Provider Company. Due to internal expansion processes, they have decided to hire the services of Infrastructure Engineer.
Report To: Infrastructure Manager
- As an Infrastructure Engineer role will be to ensure sound delivery of technical services for new and existing users.
- You will be part of a team supporting a Windows environment that delivers hosted services to our users across our locations.
- You will be providing a mixture of preventative support as well as integration activity around Windows Server environment, VMWare, Hyper-V and more.
- Infrastructure Engineer will also be working in a fast-pace environment driving performance and reliability from software, infrastructure and cloud environments.
- You will tackle challenging, unique situations every day and work with other functions and employees.
- You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large- scale services and engineering complex systems that run some of our customer’s business critical systems.
- The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique.
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organization's current and future requirements
- Responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
- Cater to doing infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
- Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Experience with incident ticketing systems, workstation management systems and desktop imaging. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and SQL Server
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud based infrastructure
- Experience using automated monitoring tools
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Strong virtualization experience using Hyper-V, VM Ware.
- Proven ability to work in a cloud based or hosting environment
- Proven track record with hosted desktop and published applications
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Tertiary degree in Computer Science or related areas an advantage
- Minimum Working Experience: 5 - 8years of relevant experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to email@example.com kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Account Officers at Daudeen Freight Forwarding Company
- Front Desk/Customer Care Officer at Ryno Nigeria
- Front-End Web Developers at Max.ng
- Food & Beverage Manager at Kempt Harkulson Nigeria Limited (KHNL)
- Head of IT Development at GMT Nigeria Limited
- Vehicle Maintainance/Operations Manager at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Business Development Officers at Southern Infinity Concepts Limited
- Digital Marketing Executives at Max.ng