Vacancy in a Logistics Service Provider Company - Hamilton Lloyd
Posted on: 18 May, 2016
Deadline: 27 May, 2016
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a leading Logistic Service Provider Company. Due to internal expansion processes, they have decided to hire the services of Infrastructure Engineer.
Report To: Infrastructure Manager
- As an Infrastructure Engineer role will be to ensure sound delivery of technical services for new and existing users.
- You will be part of a team supporting a Windows environment that delivers hosted services to our users across our locations.
- You will be providing a mixture of preventative support as well as integration activity around Windows Server environment, VMWare, Hyper-V and more.
- Infrastructure Engineer will also be working in a fast-pace environment driving performance and reliability from software, infrastructure and cloud environments.
- You will tackle challenging, unique situations every day and work with other functions and employees.
- You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions around supporting and deploying large- scale services and engineering complex systems that run some of our customer’s business critical systems.
- The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique.
- Maintain and monitor all network, security and computer systems to meet the organization's current and future requirements
- Responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
- Cater to doing infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
- Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
- Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
- Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Experience with incident ticketing systems, workstation management systems and desktop imaging. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and SQL Server
- Good knowledge of security as it relates to cloud based infrastructure
- Experience using automated monitoring tools
- Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Strong virtualization experience using Hyper-V, VM Ware.
- Proven ability to work in a cloud based or hosting environment
- Proven track record with hosted desktop and published applications
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Tertiary degree in Computer Science or related areas an advantage
- Minimum Working Experience: 5 - 8years of relevant experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML)
- Fresh Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Fresh Vacancies at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
- Jobs at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics
- Accounting Jobs at Josepdam Port Services (JPS)